Canadian audio buy and sell site

Myhamish

Thanks! Two pairs of Klipschorns, two pairs of La Scala and one pair of Heresy's, all in Toronto. A bit far from me, but maybe Rob a.k.a Formica will be interested! Items are kinda pricey compared to ebay (3.2 K to 4K for Klipschorns, C$750 for Heresy's).

Seems pricey, but use the conversion to U.S. Dollars.

Is there duty or customs fees for equipment bought on the site?

But I'm Canadian. :-)

Our dollar is stronger these days, around C$1.20 = US$1, so the prices are still high.

Don't know about duties... Are there any the other way around? Buying used speakers in the US and shipping them into Canada?

Yeah... I know the site well and it's been around for quite some time. Note that he also has a small forum set up, mostly for posting feedback... but you can find some other topics as well. My Khorns came from a referral from this site (once they ship).

Rick (the web host) used to have a photo site as well (another of my interests) but it never got as much traffic.

For those in Quebec you can also check out www.annoncez.com but please don't compete against me for khorns... 3.gif. The QuebecAudio site has the occasional Klipsch to... I once checked out a set of rough industrial LaScalas for 900$ but passed cause I was disappointed in the sound. Heresys should cost you about 500$cnd, but there is an occasional deal out there. Unfortunately I never seem to quick enough to snag "the deal", as I missed a pair of Forte and LaScalas at insane prices... even though i called or wrote within 24hrs of the ad appearing. My Cornwalls and two pairs of Heresys were all purchased locally over the years.

Out in western Canada you can refer to www.buysell.com .

The AudioCentre in Ottawa/Montreal used to offer a classified site and forum, but those were pulled due abuse.

Unfortunately, the premium we pay for used Klipsch speakers in Canada is often greater than the exchange rate... but shipping within the country saves you sales tax (15%) and brokerage (varies according to shipper from 5$ to 35%). The used audio stuff I've bought from the US has been duty free though. We should also remember that the original buyer also paid significantly more for the product new, because they bought it in Canada.

Later...

Rob