Sound level with KSW 12

john1152

Both my dad and I have a ksw 12 and I seem to be getting way less sound from mine than he does with his even with my sound turned up. I am running it through monster cable into a Sony STR-DE845 and he is running into a Yamaha receiver with monster cable also. Any ideas?

Mine is placed about 5 feet from the mains in the corner of the room. Pretty close to where his are. In terms of the settings on the receiver I did not see that many options as I was scrolling through the menu's. What other kinds of specfic info can I give to help?

Do check the phase setting on the back of the subwoofer amp. It is a toggle switch, where you can run it in 0 or 180 degree phase. Try swapping it to see if that's the issue. It is worth a shot. Also check your level setting on the receiver and sub itself. What levels are you running it at?

----------------

On 11/12/2004 8:19:08 PM john1152 wrote:

Mine is placed about 5 feet from the mains in the corner of the room. Pretty close to where his are. In terms of the settings on the receiver I did not see that many options as I was scrolling through the menu's. What other kinds of specfic info can I give to help?

----------------

It may be a little work, but take your sub over to his house and change them out. That could tell you for sure if it is the sub, or the placement of the sub...

----------------

On 11/15/2004 12:47:18 AM bigdnfay wrote:

I have an STR-DE915. In the surround set-up index is a volume setting for the subwoofer. Not sure if your model has this feature. It's worth a look.

----------------

Yes check what bigdnfay says..almost all recievers have a subwoofer

gain (volume) in the receivers set-up. Find it and crank it up.

If the above suggestions don't work,

Try using the stereo inputs (red/white) instead of the LFE input.

I had a KSW sub that for some reason, the LFE input crapped out. The sub produced about half the output that it had originally. I hooked up to the stereo inputs and my output went back to normal.