Cables Cables Cables OH MY!

myriadcorp

I'll be happy to save you a bunch. I can take care of everything but the component cables for you. I'd say that I could make you analog/subwoofer cables for $0.75/foot + $2.50/RCA plug and digital cables for $1.25/foot + $2.50/RCA, plus a few of bucks for miscelanneous pieces such as heatshrink and the shipping both ways (parts to me and cables to you). So if it's all in one rack, it'd be 5x2ft analog cables ($20), 2x2ft digital ($8), plus (my average has usually been) 25ft subwoofer ($23.75) for a total of $51.75 for everything plus expenses and shipping. Of course you can specify all lengths, etc...

I don't intend to make money off it, just doing it as a favor for a fellow Klipscher, so I can happily provide you with receipts if you want, since you'll be paying actual cost. I doubt you can get this done for 2X the price elsewhere. If you're interested, email me.

P.S. I can pretty much guarantee that they'll be as good/better than any cable you can buy from Monster.

In addition to the RCA hookups, I have my universal DVD player connected to my processor through an inexpensive fiber cable. I typically use that output only when I want the processor to decode DD/DTS signals instead of the player. For kicks, I switched it out with a similarly inexpensive coax and listened to some familiar music. I found that instruments sounded like they were in differenet locations around the soundstage and the center image sounded a little more dispersed as well. Specifically, I can only explain it by saying that everything sounded lower to the ground. It could be that the coax was bad for some reason - it's been laying around unused for quite a while - but I wonder if the low end fiber cables are just better than the low end coax.

----------------

On 11/14/2004 6:12:52 PM meuge wrote:

I'll be happy to save you a bunch. I can take care of everything but the component cables for you. I'd say that I could make you analog/subwoofer cables for $0.75/foot + $2.50/RCA plug and digital cables for $1.25/foot + $2.50/RCA, plus a few of bucks for miscelanneous pieces such as heatshrink and the shipping both ways (parts to me and cables to you). So if it's all in one rack, it'd be 5x2ft analog cables ($20), 2x2ft digital ($8), plus (my average has usually been) 25ft subwoofer ($23.75) for a total of $51.75 for everything plus expenses and shipping. Of course you can specify all lengths, etc...

I don't intend to make money off it, just doing it as a favor for a fellow Klipscher, so I can happily provide you with receipts if you want, since you'll be paying actual cost. I doubt you can get this done for 2X the price elsewhere. If you're interested, email me.

P.S. I can pretty much guarantee that they'll be as good/better than any cable you can buy from Monster.

----------------

Extremely generous offer by meuge! I'd take him up on it if I were you. AR's are decent for the money but not as good as what's being offered here.

Good luck.

I have always found that the AR cables are a good value. You can always try some more expensive cables at a later time. The site that fini mentioned (www.ac4l.com) looks like they have some real good buys on the better AR cables.

I have been quite satisfied with the service and product from bluejeanscable.com.

Thanks for the offer. Guys great advice thank you. I just ordered all my cables from bluejeans. I have some acoustic research cables for my xbox. That accessories4less site is great. Those deals on AR masters are very nice. I guess I could have gone either way and spent the same price. It ended up costing me $277 for 5 channel amp to pre amp cable, 2 digital coax, 3 componenet, and 1 sub cable. Im just glad I didnt spend a ton of money on Monster Cable. It would have cost me more than $277 just buying the component cables if I went monster.

Thanks!