Blueberry Impressions

shload

For the last week I was able to play with both Mark's Blueberry and my Rogue 66 Mag, because of a timing issue both were new to my system at about the same time. This being the first time I used a touring audtion, I can not believe how easy and rewarding the process is.

I will start out and say that I'm keeping my Rogue, since I was able to pick it up on the used market for about 1/3 the price of a new Blueberry and funds are tight for toys!

The Blueberry brought the music to life...Major difference in my system was soundstage was brought forward with great detail. The Rogue did alot of the same, but did not match in bringing it forward.

I much prefer the look of the Blueberry, the wood case is just beautiful. All the pics I have seen just do not do it justice.

The phono stage is dead quiet in my system, with a good amount of gain. I will have my Rogue gain set to match that of the Blueberry, since I liked it better in my system. I think it was about 10db higher with no noticable increase in noise from the units.

If I was looking at these units both at new retail pricing my choice would be the Blueberry. It seems to do all well with good looks, much more room for more pieces of equipment and lets the music come through clean with great presentation.

It is off to the next lucky listener. Thank You Mark for putting this great amp out there for us to hear. Joe

Ah, if I could only offer an impression of my Blueberry. But you see, I have had it almost a month now and it has yet to see any action as I currently have nothing to connect it to8.gif. The wait for the VRD's is excruciating. Problems like these I can handle.2.gif