line conditioners

powdermnky007

Well, you can read that a number of ways...

Could be that the Quietlines were found by most as being as effective as their $300-$800 line conditioners and the Quietlines by themselves could not keep the company afloat. Just conjecture on my part.

Just so you know, it takes more than one of these on the lines around your room to be effective. I have about 4 in the basement where my 2-channel is, and another 2 near by Home theater setup.

I'm not postive they are out of business only was told that from Bob at Elusive Disc they were struggling and probably would go out of business. I don't belive they are shipping new product either.

Yeah, acoustic sounds also has them listed as "limited stock." So to get this straight...for them to work, not only must there be quite a few of them dispersed around the house, but it works by simply plugging them into wall socket receptacles? Do you plug your equipment into these things after the fact, or do they plain and simply "use up" sockets, leaving you with less to use?

nicholtl,

You plug them in near your equipment, they do take up a plug receptical. Where you plug them in depends on what else is on your circuit. Sometimes just one will not do and you need two. You don't plug anything into them.

I have mine plugged in to the left of my equipment and to the right of my equipment. There is one plugged in near the circuit breaker. I also have one plugged into a spare plug on my AC extension cable/box.

A noise sniffer is useful in determining correct placement and amount of them, which is why I purchased one.

- Tim

Do they use alot of power?

Do they get hot?

And how exactly do they work?

something like power goes in

power gets filtered

power goes back

Thanks for your input, this looks like a very good option that I will probably get.

If I go with this option I would still like to have some sort of surge protection.

Does anyone know an affordable surge protector, that sounds good?

powdermnky007,

I don't think they use any power as they don't draw current. I could be wrong.

No, no heat generated. None I can detect.

They work by shunting the noise over to ground. I believe they use a capacitor.

See here, and alternatives to the Quietlines (Enacom):

http://www.positive-feedback.com/ambackissues/enacom.htm

A surge protector that sounds good? Can't help you there I don't and won't use them with my 2-channel setup. I suggest not using one for the best sound.

- Tim