Klipsch Jackets would sell great on forum!

Daddy Dee

Yeah, we pay for the gear and Klipsch get FREE ADVERTISING and WORD OF MOUTH from someone who LOVES THEIR PRODUCT. YES I'M YELLING. I've been here only 1/2 years and have about as many posts as TREY. Heck, I even lost out on a pair of beloved Cornwalls in vertical because Trey didn't read his own forum. Sold em to a guy who emailed him after I posted him through Forum.

ANYONE FROM KLIPSCH ever read this stuff??? This is called target marketing. I learned about it at IU School of Business Marketing 101. THATS 101, first marketing course. GET WITH IT KLIPSCH PEOPLE!!!!!

Look, we want cool, trendy gear, as top class as our speakers. Put the KLIPSCH logo and tag line on it HUGE. WE DONT CARE- WE LOVE YOUR PRODUCTS and will tell people so. Hundreds of times if necessary. Heck, look how much time we spend gabbing on your Forum, oh that's right, you FORGOT TO LOOK, MODERATE, OR CARE. One t-shirt, one pilsner glass and a couple of license plates do not a company store make. What can your employees get?? BTW, we larger men would like XXL and please keep it black so the beer stains don't show, okay.

Hope I haven't ruffled any feathers here, but get with the program please,

Michael

EDIT POST, Amy, you know I'm a sweetheart and would never talk badly on this forum, but Tom Adams is exactly right. Please handle this personally and don't take no for an answer. You've got a lot of very will, practically religious billboard in waiting out here. USE US!

Michael

• Moderators

We've had jackets and things before, and I'm sure we will again. I have absolutely no involment in marketing or these types of decisions--sorry I didn't jump in on this thread sooner, but I just didn't have any input.

I'll be sure to forward it on to someone, however.

Thanks!

No Amy, don't forward it on to "someone". Pardon the harshness, but the right thing to do would be to print out a copy of this thread, hand walk it over to the folks in Marketing and put it in the hands of the guy in charge of merchandising or the dude that takes care of all the freebie handout stuff at electronics shows.

Listen, Michael and others here are right. You guys are missing an opportunity to get your brand name out there. Good lord, what does an ad page in Sound & Vision set you back? And here is an opportunity to get the same results as a print ad and folks will PAY YOU to do your advertising! And guess what? When someone reads a print ad, who can they talk to right away about Klipsch? Now - if someone sees a person with some kinda Klipsch doo-dad, what kinda nice words do you think they'll hear about Klipsch stuff. Uh-huh. See?? Hellooooo....is thing on??1.gif

As for me....I know I won't generate any aircraft sales (where I work) or backhoe sales for JCB (where the wife works), but it's cool having aircraft models and backhoe models on my desk. Hey - I even got a corner on my desk. How about a mini plastic Khorn with FM radio in it?

Lastly Amy, if the folks in Marketing won't listen to you, walk upstairs and speak to Mr. Klipsch himself. C'mon - take a risk. Hell you've had a baby, how much riskier can that be?1.gif

Tom

• Moderators

Jeesh, how do you know the "someone" I was referring to wasn't Mr Klipsch? 2.gif

Sorry for being vague, but I didn't want to get into details on how matters like this are handled.

The correct decision making personelle will be sufficiently advised to the request.

I just love the passion around here 9.gif

thank you Tom, very well put. Amy please get involved here. Allow me to illustrate:

I am a big fan of deceased guitarist Tommy Bolin. Tommy who? He was a guitar player who lived in Sioux City Iowa, moved to Boulder Colorado in the 70's, started a band called Zephyr. Then joined James Gang for 2 albums after Joe Walsh quit. Then was with Deep Purple for one studio album and one tour. In the meantime, did two albums as Tommy Bolin Band and album with jazz drummer Billy Cobham. All in about 4 years. Then died of heroin and cocaine overdose at age 25. This was 30 years ago. So I belong to this tribute fan club who has about 30 cd's out and LOTS OF T -shirts and goodies.

Would you know that almost every day that I wear a Tommy Bolin shirt, despite the time since his death, despite his minute fan base today, SOMEONE will start a conversation with me. I'll probably spend 30 minutes with anyone who will talk to me.

Wouldn't Klipsch like to get the same rave reviews?

See there you go. One mention of Tommy gets an instant message back. Imagine what KLIPSCH JACKET would do. I'd never get any shopping done, would spend hours each day discussing Heritage vs Reference, or HT design or ......

Michael (Hey gang, Amy's starting to get the idea that we're serious here) GO AMY!

• Moderators

Ok, my special forum members, here's what I have so far:

We did offer a lot of clothing in the Klipsch store a while back, but items did not sell well--we ended up having excess inventory that we had to move with promotional give-aways. Now that we have reworked the site and our traffic has increased, we will look again at what items we would like to have in the store on a trial basis. If those items sell well, perhaps we can increase the offerings...

As it is now, we do have VERY FEW jackets remaining. They are NOT like the one seen at the top of this thread. It is a black hip straight cut jacket with two front pockets and microfleece lining--water resistant outer shell lined with dark green micro polyester anti-pill fleece. There is a small, silver Klipsch logo on the front of it.

I don't have any pictures now, but we should be able to find some. Please email me if you are interested.

I will continue to talk to marketing about your requests.