HBR Heresys' For Sale

redtop

IMG_0115small.JPG

As much as I hate to let them go, I've just got too much speaker inventory right now(5 - KLF-30's / 8 - KG 3.5's) Soooooo.....

I have a pair of 1982 HBR Heresys for sale with walnut stain finish. They are sonically perfect and cosmetically very good. In the interest of full disclosure,there are just a couple of nicks around the bottom and a faint water stain on top of one. No visible scratches. One does have a water stain on the back, so I checked behind the rear panel and there was no penetration to the inside. None of the blemishes are eye catching or anything you would see without close inspection. The grills and grill cloth are good. All components on the inside appear to be original. The previous owner purchased them while in the Navy. Serial numbers are 139X407 and 139X544.

I am located in the Atlanta area and would prefer not to ship. If shipping, I will pay to pack with anchored foam corners and bubble wrap.

I am asking $375 for the pair plus UPS or FedEx shipping. I got a good deal on them and I am willing to pass it along to forum members. I have plenty of pictures for anyone interested. Sure hope I can find a good home for these here on the forum. Contact me via forum e-mail...klipschforums@alwaysthankful.com

Redtop

post-10757-13819259480038_thumb.jpg

Since I am probably within a 150 miles of you, I would love to pick them up. But I just brought home a '77 Triumph Spitfire to rebuild (got it home last night), so it wouldn't go over well with the wife. She might like the looks better than my black HIIs though...

This would be a pretty good deal IMHO.

Marvel

Here's the deal on the car -- A co-worker friend of mine bought it a year ago, from a student who had graduated from the college where we work. It has been in his garage, mostly disassembled. He has rebuilt the transmission, and bought lots of other parts to get the thing rebuilt. He started working 80 hours a week and is now moving out of state. He gave it to me. Right now the bonnet is off, the tranny is out of the car, the carb is sitting in a box in my storage building. The seats are in storage. I would want to replace most of the wiring, if mot all. It looks worse now than when he got it. We'll see what progress I make on it over the winter. I'll try to get some pics along the way.

The body itself is in very good shape. Floor pan on drivers side needs to be replaced. There is nothing eally major, just a LOT of little things. My neighbor, who lives about three doors down, does towing and body work. He got it home for me. He just sold a drivable '79 for $1000.

The wife hasn't thrown me out yet! She says we won't be able to afford the insurance, and will only be able to drive it up and down our driveway. If I decide to get rid of it, I know I could sell off parts on ebay and make a handsome sum. That just seems a shame, so I am going to try and move ahead on it.

The way most British cars run, they would be picking me up -- every time it breaks down. 9.gif

I'm too old for that anyway. She is okay with it so far. It's just that our oldest son came back from school in Florida with an '82 Volvo. Over the summer he spent nights in the carport rebuilding it (swapped the auomatic for a manual, new shocks and struts, etc). It is running pretty well now, but we have six cars and four drivers. We may have three acres, but once they go to a field, they're history. Maybe he'll move out soon ...