cornwalls

hammerin

Specifications

FREQUENCY RESPONSE:

38Hz-20kHz±5dB

SENSITIVITY:

98.5dB @ 1watt/1meter

POWER HANDLING:

105 watts maximum continuous (1000 watts peak)

NOMINAL IMPEDANCE:

8 ohms

ENCLOSURE TYPE:

Bass reflex via front-mounted port

DRIVE COMPONENTS:

Three-way system using one 1" phenolic diaphragm compression driver tweeter with a 90°x40° Exponential horn, one 2" (5.08cm) phenolic diaphragm compression driver midrange with a 90°x40° Exponential horn and one 15" (38.1cm) fiber-composite cone woofer

TWEETER:

K-77-M 1" (2.54cm) Phenolic diaphragm compression driver

HIGH FREQUENCY HORN:

90°x40° Exponential Horn

HF CROSSOVER:

6000Hz

MIDRANGE:

K-55-V 2" (5.08cm) Phenolic diaphragm compression driver

MID FREQUENCY HORN:

90°x40° Exponential Horn

MF CROSSOVER:

600Hz

WOOFER:

K-33 15" (38.1cm) Fiber-composite cone

DIMENSIONS:

35.75" x 25.5" x 15.5"

WEIGHT:

108 lbs.

ENCLOSURE MATERIAL:

Medium density fiberboard construction (MDF)

FINISHES:

Walnut, Rose, Teak Oil, Oak, Cherry Lacquer, Natural, Mahogany, Maple, Raw, Black Birch

BUILT FROM:

BUILT TO:

Do some research. All the specs are on Klipsch's home page and you can look at the completed auctions on ebay. They should range from $500 to $1500 a pair depending on many factors.

They are a different animal than the KLFs but both are great speakers. What type of music do you like?

The cornwall is a better all-around speaker IMO. If you only listened to heavy metal, you may be better off keeping the KLFs but if you like jazz/classical/bluegrass/acoustic also, the corns are the way to go. There is enough info in the forum archives to spend a month finding answers to any questions you might have.

So you feel the KLF 20 has more midrange than you care for? Let's check the specs and compare the KLF 20 to the Cornwall:

KLF 20:

MIDRANGE:

K-52 1.5" (3.81cm) Polymer diaphragm compression driver

MID FREQUENCY HORN:

90°x60° Tractrix® Horn

MF CROSSOVER:

750Hz

Cornwall:

MIDRANGE:

K-55-V 2" (5.08cm) Phenolic diaphragm compression driver

MID FREQUENCY HORN:

90°x40° Exponential Horn

MF CROSSOVER:

600Hz

From reading this, I would assume that the Cornwall would have more of a midrange presence than the KLF 20, but I'm no expert, so correct me if I'm wrong. I love my Cornwalls, but it seems specwise that the classic KLF 20s are no slouch either. Guess the best way to find out which loudspeaker sounds best to you is to audition a pair of Cornwalls near you (better yet with your own gear and recordings) and hear for yourself which horn speaker pleases you most with your favorite music.

But I would gather that you really wouldn't hear too much of a difference IMO, but that's just my assumption. If you can, listen to some Cornwalls and see for yourself. Good luck in your search for audio nirvana!2.gif