Home theater pics needed......

Orange Peel

Since the majority of you all here have AMAZING setups for your HT, and I started a Home theater business here in Arizona, I'm looking to put some Home theaters on my website. I was wondering if anyone that has a picture would mine me using their pics? I won't be claiming to have created that theater, just to show what I CAN do for my customers.

Is that sound ok? If not totally understandable. Thanks in advance.

P.S. Home theater related info, I should have my Rotel RMB 1095 TOMORROW!!!!! I can't wait any longer!!!!!!!!!!!

ahem, if you're starting a HT BUSINESS in Az, don't you already have tons of photos of friends' systems who you've helped along the way. You didn't just get started in this by accident, did you? As a IU business school grad, it would only be good ethics to show images of work YOU HAVE CREATED or seriously had input with. Otherwise, just cut out photos from Audio/Video Interiors and use that in your ads. (that would of course be copyright infringement). Sorry to be a downer, but maybe that's why Forum HT owners aren't stepping forward. Show your own work.

Michael

chipperooh: First of all, welcome to the forum! Glad to have you aboard!

Your room looks very nice and uncluttered. A clean-looking design. The left and right speakers appear to have some sort of wooden-burl finish. Very nice. What brand are they?

I couldn't help but notice what appears to be a slight crease in the screen material of your Stewart screen along the botom-right edge. Is there a problem with the positioning of the snaps on the back of you screen's frame? Bummer. Is that a GrayHawk model? It looks a lot like mine. What is the diagonal measurement. Mine is 78" (6.5 ft).

Sorry, Orange. I didn't mean to hijack your thread.

Michael - I haven't done any custom HT's yet, I have done some basic rooms like mine, where it's in the living room, etc. I won't be claiming to have installed the pictures of the dedicated theaters, I want to give the customer an idea of what they look like, what can be done, etc. I will be saying that these pics are of friends theaters, and they give you an idea of what some people do for a home theater.

I plan to show my own work, and I will show the other projects I have helped in, I just wanted to show some "friends" theaters that are VERY nice looking, I consider a lot of people on the net friends, and want to show off their theaters on my site. If no one wants to let me use their pics, that's fine wiht me, doesn't hurt my feelings. I'm just not fortunate enough yet to have a basement, or a dedicated theater room to put up on my page, but there are a lot of them out there that are gorgeous, and someone that has that room might see those pics and want to do that to theirs, then they contact me and I can create it for them.

You gotta start somewhere, once I get enough theaters under my belt, I won't need to use others images, I can use my own.

Thanks for your input.

Scott: Your latest explanation on the forum was more clear to me than was your earlier explanation because you now state that you will be identifying these photos as "friends theaters" to use as food-for-thought as examples of what may be possible to do. That would eliminate the possibility of implying that you did any of the work. So long as you promise to keep within this format, and add a disclaimer that the design and work was performed by the theater's owner, I would agree to allow you the use of my photos under those conditions. I would want to see how they would be displayed and presented (with text) so I may approve or reject their use prior to roll-out. Let me know what you decide to do. -Glenn

Picky-

Yours is a very thoughtful statement for our new installer friends' dilema. As a photogrpher, I would never show work that I personally did not take, even if by an associate, unless it was clearly labeled as such. I have seen photographers at Bridal Fairs displaying the same sample album prepared by album vendors, claiming the work to be their own, when clearly there are two photogs displaying the identical images. Potential clients do not like to be made fools of.

I would say that if our AZ friend is willing to clearly notate that the installation being shown is not his own design and workmanship, AND is willing to have the person volunteering the use of his/her images approve the images and page layout (GET A SIGNED 'MODEL' RELEASE) for each image used then that is being fair to all parties and allows our new friend the opportunity to show 'what is possible'.

Sorry if I seemed harsh in my earlier comments.

Michael

----------------

On 11/24/2004 3:53:10 PM Hangman wrote:

here mine have tons of time making it just right
----------------

LOL-nice! That setup looks as if the soundstage would be just fabulous! I didn't notice a subwoofer in the picture-it may be helpful to Orange Peel if you included it... 2.gif

Thanks and yes, I have a sub I have got all the right stuff. and if You set it up just right in a good size room you can hardly notice it.My Wife says its a lot better then My old one and I can keep the dust off with out Her help if you look to the right side you can see my diy sonotube 2.gif

----------------

On 11/24/2004 8:05:05 AM colterphoto1 wrote:

As a IU business school grad, it would only be good ethics to show images of work YOU HAVE CREATED or seriously had input with.

Michael

----------------

It may not be good ethics, however it is done every day. I have many many suppliers that use photos of the homes I create in their advertising, even though their only contibution may have been to supply the nails.

What I think Scott is trying to do is to portray what his potential work could be, not take credit for someone else's.

There are many of us who ARE stepping forward to help him out, but by PM not in the thread. I hope you decide to help also. It's no skin off your back...and helps a buddy who could become a mainstay in the industry...if we let him. If he does, it can't help but benifit all of us.

JR