Will RF35's work as surround speakers?

myriadcorp

tI'm going to dissagree here, I had the same situation except for the

RS and moved my KG4.5 to the sides. Vast improvement over bookshelfs.

The great thing about your situation is that you can try it both ways

and see what sounds better to you. Good Luck and let us know how it

turned out. Just curious hwat are you getting the RF-7's for. I got

mine for $699.00 each before taxes.

I also disagree, the RF-35 will be far superior in the rear than the RS-7's (Sound Sprayers). If you get RF-7's for Mains, move the RF-35's to the rear position and use the RS-7's as your 7.1 rear effects/centers. The RF-35's will give you a much better defined rear surround sound and actually contribute to you having a better front stage as well.

I have gone from Heresy's to Cornwalls to Khorns in the rear and each time it got even better. The same holds true for my rear effects/centers I started with Heresy's, then Forte's, then Cornwalls each time it got more detailed and more lifelike.

Interesting thoughts.. I agree with Dolby Digital properly placed (real speakers not sprayed ones) are superior. above head height not too high though..and behind you and spread apart but not too far apart.

I was thinking more along the lines of quality and SPL's the RS7's over the RB35's anyday.

Good points, try em both. For those that have not tried the RS7's, you really might be surprised how good they really are too.

==================================================

The Basement HT will have non sound sprayers for the rears as well. LOL Cornwalls, 5 of them, and Herseys as the sides for 7.1 sound. I bought the new THX Sub Amp and Two Subs from Ovation here in Indy. And I totally agree, it ROCKS!!!!

----------------

On 11/24/2004 11:15:52 AM IndyKlipschFan wrote:

Good points, try em both. For those that have not tried the RS7's, you really might be surprised how good they really are too.

----------------

Ahh yes, the surround debate continues...

I do conccur with this last statement here.

I fortunatly have both RS-7s and RF-5s for surrounds (with a single RC-7 to act as rear-effects). My Denon reciever/pro-pro allows me to switch between them. I personally found I liked the RS-7s for the more abient surround effects during movies and just watching TV. However, when cranking the tunes - the RF-5's all the way!

However, it's been a little while since I've tried a movie with the RF-5s as the surrounds. I may have to go watch something again this weekend and try the comparison again. In my case, it'll be easy to do since everything is already in place snd calibrated, and it is a simple press of a button on the remote to switch.

In this particular situation, the original poster will have the rare oppurtunity to try both.

Because of room limitations I can only do 5.1. The RS7's sounded pretty good but they were not very audible when playing 5 channel stereo music. I figured the RF35's would be better in that regard. Im not sure what the price will be on the RF7's yet. If I can get a good deal I may have to play with both RS7 then RF35 as the surrounds.

My sub is the SVS PB12-plus/2.