should i bid oh these?

tglahn17

These look like they've been beat on a little bit. The repairs on top of the speakers with black touch up paint are what concern me. I think you're going to find that they are not in very good cosmetic condition.

Probably the repairs on the passive's are o.k., and I doubt they will affect the sound quality.

I know these are nearby to you, but my advice is to be patient and hold out for nicer ones with natural wood finish instead of black.

Greg

The black ebay pair are sick. not in a good way. The small patched punctures are of no concern, however the rip across one of the passives will probably not hold, despite the neat repair attempt. The cabinets on these are probably way worse than the photos show.

The passive radiator is a way to focus the back waves from the woofer into usable bass energy, much like a port. The mass of the passive cone (no magnet or voice coil) dampens the cabinets internal acoustic energy and delivers it in the form of somewhat extended bass response. My opinion is that I'd rather have straight ported bass energy, like Cornwalls, because they sound tighter and arent' so very particular in terms of placement, so GARYMD has hit it right on the head. Or look for Chorus originals. Unless you prefer black, any well-cared for real wood product will have more value and WAF.

Keep on shoppin' Hope this helped.

Michael