'74 Vertical Cornwalls on Audiogon

No Disc

I have a question about the midranges in these Cornwalls.

The drivers do not appear to be like any I've seen in a Cornwall.

They have Klipsch badges (but are not readable) on them and appear to have an Alnico nature, but... I'm not saying they are incorrect, I'm just unfamilar with them based on 3+ year of actively following the sales of Cornwalls, which includes having owned 5 different pairs, 3 currently.

I emailed the seller Phil_999, a member of the forum to be able to phone him but have not received a reply.

Here is a link to an additional picture provided by the seller but not posted on the AudiogoN auction.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/tcp_999/detail?.dir=7a52&.dnm=a74a.jpg&.src=ph

Anyone have knowledge about these midrange drivers?

I am pretty much a Klipsch newbie, that's why I underestimated the size of these Cornwalls. I've read many good things about these Cornwalls here, and they match my Heresys so I decided to get them pretty much on impulse. The owner I bought it from in LA said they are all originals. There is a story that follows these speakers from owner to owner: "They were originally owned by MeatLoaf." I know nothing about these drivers inside, that's why I posted all the detail photos for people to see. If any veteran can identify what the drivers are, I would be happy to add them to the description.

They appear to be original. I own enough vert. cornwalls to know. I even have a pair of 67's that match that grill cloth. Mine too had a stain, that was removed, but not that easily.

Given the condition and rarity, $1000.00 is about right. Maybe a little on the high side given the size of the stain and the probability that you may not be able to get it out.

If I could get them shipped to my door for $1000, I'd buy them.

----------------

On 11/29/2004 9:31:31 PM Gilbert wrote:

They appear to be original. I own enough vert. cornwalls to know.

The seller posted just before you did so ask him anything you want!

I guess I don't have a life since I knew which speakers they were as soon as the first post appeared.

See:

http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/view.asp?topicID=56596&sessionID={C610FACF-B59D-4C55-B1C4-FCA1F78C5C1D}

He said he'd post them on audiogon if there was no interest in them from the forum first...