RC-35 Issues

mightyhonda

I recently auditioned the 35 reference line. I primarliy compared them to the Infinity Betas. I was really impressed by the RF-35 in comparison to the Beta 50 in two channel audio. What threw me for a loop was that when we went to a 5.1 source the RC-35 sounded terrible. There wasn't any of the detail the RF-35 had. Even the Beta center sounded much better.

Do you think this is a faulty speaker or is the RC-35 just not as good. Is it supposed to sound like the RF-35? I did listen to the RC-7 and it was great but it is more money and I am not sure how it would match with the RF-35.

Hopefully there are some RC-35 owners who can let me know how they like the RC-35.

Thanks,

mightyhonda

Some times it's the way the EQ is set on the center channel.

However, to me the RC-35 did sound muffled compaired to the

RC-3II at the time I was looking. In terms of the RC-7 matching the

RF-35, yes it will be fine. All reference speakers are timbre

matched. Now the RC-7 will definitley sound great or even overpower

the RF-35 but just recalibrate the settings a little lower.

You might call Klipsch tech. support. I seem to remember a few posts relating to sound problems with the RC-35. I've had the RC-35 and the RC-7. I didn't care for the sound of the 35. In retrospect, I may have had one of the defective ones. It was new enough that I got to bring it back to the store that I bought it from and upgraded to the 7. It was like the voices from the 35 were coming from inside a cardboard box and the voices from the 7 were from people standing in your living room. There was that much difference. I have also read posts where people rave about their RC-35, I may have just had a bad one. Carl.

Well, I'll give my 2 cents here. I own two rc-35's. I must say that in movies where there is dialog and "main" sounds" to the film, they sound fine. However, in stereo, I too turn them off. To me, I don't think these were designed to be good with music. I have pretty picky ears . My mains are La scala run by Mcintosh MC252. It is not worth hearing music through the RC-35's.

jc

Thanks for your replies. Both centers were hooked up to the same reciever with the same settings. So it must of been a damaged speaker.

One more question is that should the rc-35 sound as detailed as the rf-35?

I am going to try to set up some listing time this weekend to re-listen to the rc-35. Hopefully it was just the speaker. By the way i really liked the rf-35's

mightyhonda