f-3 or rf-35

raynes

I have heard the f-3 at local bb which prompted me to do more investigation. The way the f-3 sound was very good just wondering if it would be worth it to go with the rf-35? what are some of the main difference between the two models?

Thanks for any help

• 2 weeks later...

which synergy product did you compare the rf-35's to?

I'm in the market for:

SF-3

F-3

RF-35

RF-5

I'm leaning towards the new F-3 because of price and performance. Trey Cannon posted his thoughts on the new Synergy line. And it seems that the newer synergy (f-3, etc.) are very good, and a nice improvement over the previous synergy line.

Thanks!

I can score some RF5's for $960 shipped. I'm close to ending this deal, any more advice or info you guys can give me? I can't fit RF7s in my room, and can't dropped the extra $ for them anyway.

So far I've looked at the SF3, F3, and RF35.. then I came across these RF5. I'm pretty much sold, but I want to keep my hears open for opinions.

Thanks!

the rf7s are too big and more money than I want to spend. It's unbelievable the advice you get around here... I stated both those points in my post.

It's amazing.. I ask for comparison between synergy and rf.. and get told that the ref. are far better. Now, I'm looking at getting the RF5s and they aren't good enough? :(

Odd...

The folks on this board have all suffered from "upgradeitis." Is is a very expensive illness. Their advice can be interpreted to read "Buy the best you can afford now so that you don't have to upgrade later."

The RF-5s are quite good. Be advised that the RC-7 is the best match for a center channel. The center channel is the most heavily used speaker in a home theater. The center is the one speaker that I would not try to save on.

Bill

Thank you bill. I was actually getting frustrated by the responses. :(

I was def. going to get a RC7 for my center.

Thanks for your help! I completely understand getting the best you can afford. I just can't fit the 7s nor do I want to dish out an extra 400-500 on them.

I've had bose 701s for the last 9 years or so; and ever since listening to the klipsch back a few years ago, i've always wanted to upgrade. Now here I am, looking at the F3, then SF3 (less $) then the RF series.. I'm just trying to make an educated purchase. As I don't have any where to listen to these speakers. I know it's the sound I want though (horn).

Best Regards,

Chris

The RF-35's, which were what you were originally looking at, are far superior to the F-3's, in my personal opinion. Now that you bring the RF-5's into the equation, and being that you can acquire them at a phenomenal price, I think you should go out, give them an audition if you must, and take those puppies home before someone else does. You've received enough advice (albeit, some that you didn't like) on this forum, and the general consensus, like Bill said, is that people generally (and rightfully) recommend you bite the bullet and spend top dollar to buy the best speaker you can afford, because these are the components that generally stay in your system longest. Not to mention the fact that you don't EVER want to be left with the "would've, could've, should've" syndrome. However, that said, and when all is said and done, the RF-5's are available at a fantastic price, they are within your means, and they are superior to the RF-35's. In short, they have your name on it.

Thanks Nick :)

I just purchased them about 20 minutes ago. I'll hopefully have them by friday at latest.

Thanks everyone for your advice.

FYI:

I happily suscribe to getting the "best you can, when you can". I just didn't have room for 7s. That's why I started looking at the F3/sf3, then rf35 and now rf5! :) And I'd rather spend the extra $ on an amp to run off my HTR-5280.

Best Regards,

Chris