Bond's records should have an *

SteelerFan

----------------

On 12/13/2004 3:22:08 AM boomac wrote:

BTW, what are shrooms? I'm thinkin' short for Mushrooms which I think was/is a nickname for some hallucinagetic.

Would they help my golf game? I need somethin'

----------------

To answer your questions:

1) "Shrooms" are Psilocybin mushrooms, found growing wild after a rainstorm in a cattle grazing area, growing on their droppings. I DO NOT recommend getting yours this way - there are nearly 50 varieties of poisonous toadstools that look nearly identical to these little buggers, and a good number of them can kill you. Better to get them from a reputable dealer who grows them himself, which one can do with a spore kit, some potting soil, a large wooden enclosure, and a tabletop humidifier. Not that I've ever grown any.... 2.gif

2) I doubt seriously they'd help your golf game. However, I've discovered that I shoot pool way better when tripping on acid. For some reason the angles and trajectories are easier to see - as if I could hallucinate a perfect laser line from ball to ball to hole.

All that stuff is in the distant past, though. I haven't been around LSD since Andrew was 3 months old.

I once made 30 freethrows in a row in my frontyard when I was a teenager. I could actually see the path from the ball in my hands to the basket. Very strange days indeed. Pool was the same way.

BTW - I once heard a story that Willy Mays had a locker full of pill bottles. Maybe not steroids but performance enhancing nontheless.

Wes Unseld used to eat cheeseburgers and smoke cigarettes at halftime. At the same time I think.

I can't remember the guys name, but a pitcher for the Pirates threw a no-hitter in the 60s while trippin his brains out. He talked about it years later in an interview. I guess he saw the line on that curve ball.11.gif

----------------

On 12/13/2004 7:07:19 PM garymd wrote:

I can't remember the guys name, but a pitcher for the Pirates threw a no-hitter in the 60s while trippin his brains out. He talked about it years later in an interview. I guess he saw the line on that curve ball.
11.gif

----------------

I think that might have been Doc Ellis.

Griff said: "Better to get them from a reputable dealer who grows them himself, which one can do with a spore kit, some potting soil, a large wooden enclosure, and a tabletop humidifier."

A guy that grows spores on poop could be considered reputable?

Gary, I think Willie was into vitamins.

I used to shoot pool with a little buz on (booze) and thought it helped. In retrospect, it couldn't have helped too much cause I never won much money.

Actually last stop on that ride is usually an early grave.

Look to pro wrestling to see the massive steroid casualty list. Dozens of them, guys that I used to watch as a kid back in the late 70's/early 80's, all dead from steroid-related heart failure.

Here's the depressing part.

Colin Cowherd of ESPN radio did a listener poll one day - went like this:

"If someone offered you a chance to be a superstar baseball player, make a ton of money, have an amazing career for 15 years, but you were going to die at 50, would you do it?"

77% of the respondents said yes.

That's unbelievable Griff. I wonder what the average age of the respondents was?

Lack of power may have prevented me from playing MLB. I was a light weight in the old days. Had someone offered me a pill that would have given me that little bit of needed strength I may have taken it. I dont know and because I have been critical of McGwire, Sosa, Giambi and Bonds, that might make me a hypocrite. Of course, these guys had all the information and should have been aware of the negative implications. It was their desire to break records that was more important than either their health or a clear conscious. I can honestly say I never had an ego that big.

----------------

On 12/14/2004 9:10:52 AM Griffinator wrote:

Actually last stop on that ride is usually an early grave.

Look to pro wrestling to see the massive steroid casualty list. Dozens of them, guys that I used to watch as a kid back in the late 70's/early 80's, all dead from steroid-related heart failure.

Here's the depressing part.

Colin Cowherd of ESPN radio did a listener poll one day - went like this:

"If someone offered you a chance to be a superstar baseball player, make a ton of money, have an amazing career for 15 years, but you were going to die at 50, would you do it?"

77% of the respondents said yes.

----------------

Younger people have no idea the life journey ahead of them. I know when I was a teen Arnold was the man to me and if someone had offered me steroids and told me if I used them I could look like him I'd have taken the plunge even had I known the possible consequences in later life.

Back then I just couldn't imagine being in my 40's.

Bonds doesn't have that excuse, he started late enough in life to know better. It's all ego and greed.