Why isn't Rush in the R'nR Hall of Fame yet?

Jabez Scratch

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's someone not listed who deserves to be in the R&R Hall of Fame more than anyone. That's Cosimo Matassa, one of the fathers of the genre, along with Alan Freed and Sam Phillips.

http://www.louisianamusic.org/cosimo_101.htm

I had the honor of interviewing Mr. Matassa this year (not on music). I had known his sons and their grocery store for years before a TV special about the birth of R&R clued me in to who this guy was (and is). I just hope I am as full of life at 78 as he is!

Thanks Boom3 for that website and info.

Wow....having grown up a bit in Louisiana and mostly on the Mississippi Gulf Coast, the music listed on that site sure brought back many memories. I found myself day-dreaming about listening to WTIX out of 'Nawlins on an AM transitor radio. And waking up in the middle of the night with an ear ache because I fell asleep with the ear bud in. I can remember hiding the radio under the pillow and laying on my side so my parents wouldn't see the ear bud and know I was listening to the radio. What a wonderfully calm, peaceful feeling this memory has evoked. Wish I could describe it. Euphoric is the only word that comes to mind. 1.gif

Tom

That is truly a great question...but competing against other artists that are there is not right. RUSH's music stands alone, it may take longer but there is NO other band in Canada that is more deserving, other than The Guess Who(maybe), with solo artists Neil Young and Joani Mitchell....10.gif

Neil Peart has been classified as the Greatest Drummer in the World many times, a great honour, but then again, his ideal was the late Buddy Rich