Heresy II 5.1

agarcia

I've been thinking (dreaming) of putting together a home theater system consisting of 5 or 6 Heresy II's along with my current subwoofer. My question is, Has there been significant changes throughout the history of the Heresy ii's? Where there advancements made in materials, crossovers, etc. that would make it not a good idea to integrate a pair made in 1985 with a pair made today? This is just an arbitrary example. Should a certain block of years stay together or not? I'm not the best at wording things. But I hope you get what I'm after.

Thanks

HII's have pretty much remained the same since their inception in ~1985 there might have been some subtle changes but nothig major, your '85's are probably Heresy 1.5's anyhow meaning they probably have the composite horn and K-53K driver but may still be using the K-77M tweeter. An all HII HT would be awesome I would run at least a pair of 12" subwoofers or a big 15" or 18" you will certainly have no shortage of detail and dynamics.

I run La Scala Mains and Center, and Heresy II surrounds. La Scala's are 1984's w/ALK kits, and the Heresy II's are 1986'ish sounds great, I just need one more Heresy II for rear my center (just no good way to say that). Heresy II's are a very nice sounding little speaker. Their bass is not very deep but a sub should help you out there. The Heresy II sound has stayed pretty constant over the years so I would not get too excited about any particular time span.

Sweeetttt...I have a friend with a Hersey II HT with a RSW12 sub, very nice setup IMO...10.gif

I run 93 Khorns(front) with 00 Hersey II's(rear), with 00 LaScalas(boxed), a Velodyne FSR18 subwoofer, and a Klipsch KLFC7 as centre, couldn't be happier, still want a pair of Belles though...10.gif

I think with a good sub a all Heresy HT would be great.

I would stick to the Heresey I's or II's. There are subtle differences in those models. Most important is to get the three up front the same year or close to it..and in the same liniage like Heresey I's or II's.

For Example..

Left Heresey I Center Heresey I Right Heresy I.

For music not so critical, for HT you will always need a sub! I would search here on this BB for information, ask if anyone has any for sale, and or course Ebay, Audiogon, etc., etc., for good leads.