Photo of my new Cornwalls part II

Tom Adams

Tom, great setup! Have a few questions, if you can drag yourself from your system and don't mind. Are you planning to use the Cornwalls in the HT setup, if you are what center are is that your using? What are you using to drive the Cornwalls? Looks like the spacing between your Cornwalls is 6 to 7 feet? Whats your initial impressions on how they sound? I'm still amazed how good they sound everytime I listen to my Cornwall I's. Still debating whether to use Corns for HT or to pick up some old "vintage" Wink.gifMcintosh gear probally MC2105 or MC2125 for amplification, still looking into Mcintosh preamps. Thanks and enjoy your system.

JJT

This message has been edited by JJT on 08-08-2001 at 07:26 PM

Hey Tom,

Those speakers look slightly familiar......man, you sure are one lucky guy!!! I miss them already!! Seriously though, it's great to know they are being played and appreciated. I wish you many, many hours of enjoyment. I am working on getting some "tunes" back into my life again. You and Mike really inspired me!!

Post more pics as you progress, it's interesting to see the evolution of your system.

Regards,

Barry (gpstrackman cwm11.gif

Ok - First things first. Mr. Fini...those socks don't need to be toed-in, they're direct radiators - especially after a couple of sets of tennis. Pee-yew!! Tipsy.gif

jjt - The Cornwall purchase was not part of my present HT grand plan. I say present, because I have something in mind for the future. What you see is a temporary set-up until my custom made wall unit arrives. My original intent was to use the Heresy's for my L/R front mains now and change them out to a pair of RF?? later. For now, the Cornwalls will reside as you see them and be moved to the emtpy 4th bedroom in our house. There they'll become part of a dedicated 2-ch system. Oh, the center channel you see is an RC-3.

One could say the Cornwall purchase was a whim, however, without sounding creepy, I feel there was some invisible hand that pushed gpstrackman & I together. And now that I have them and have spent some time with them, I'm already planning for the dedicated HT room in my next house. I envision that system to include my Cornwalls as front mains and Heresy's for center and surround duty. I really like the sound of the new Ref. stuff, but I just can't tear myself away from the Heritage sound (sorry LLC). But for now, in their temporary home, I absolutely love their sound. So much so, that I wish I had the option of using them for my present HT. But, alas, the custom built wall unit, wasn't designed to accomodate them. Frown.gif

Tom Adams

Humm I see chains hanging from the ceiling holding some Heresy surrounds :-) Sweet setup. I need to get a widescreen one of these days :-) If anyone has a spare I would be happy to take it off your hands...really I would...really

------------------

Main System -

CORNWALLS (circa '79 yippe)

RC-3

RS-3's (white)

SVS 20-39CS

Harman Kardon AVR 510

Hafler P505 (running bridged 800W/4 ohms for sub)

ProMedia 4.1 for PC

Bedroom -

KG4's or RF-3's (haven't decided yet)

Harman Kardon AVR 20 MKII