Voom

kktvbob

Adelphia just raised my HD service price. So I'm looking at Voom and want to see if any of you have it and want to see what you think of Voom. It looks like they have more channels than the last time I checked out Voom. I was happy with Adelphia till this last price increase of $5.00 was the last straw. Yes $5.00 is not a lot of money, but I,m spending $137.50 a month with board bad now. I've had HD since Feb. and now they want more for the same service. So I may keep board band and go with Voom but my drop to DSL if the wife can run it for work at home. It was also a 6mo. fight just to get a good picture from Adelphia, I was told if I'm getting a picture it's good. What B.S. I better stop ventting now. Thanks for any input

I don't own voom but they seem to have the most channels of High def. If money is an issue look at dish network, and direct tv's pricing. See what the cost would be for their High def receivers. If it's alot cheaper you may want to go that route and not have as many channels of high def, but you will have more channels of standard tv. Give them time they won't go down that easy. You can bet for more from them guys. Compare monthly bills and equipment cost/installation cost. ext. Dish network to show you there pricing has a package that is basic for 29.99 with local channels. That's like the price of basic cable 15 years ago. Also look into verison dsl or any dsl service that is cheaper than the cable broadband. A penny saved is a penny earned toward bigger and better klipsch. 2.gif

It's not the price, It's the way they did it. Adelpiha just turned off 5 HD channels and said if you want them back pay $5.00 more. What happened to sending me a letter telling me that their is a rate change. So that is way I'm looking at Voom. At $100 a month and going to DSL my cost would be the same with the cost increase or $10.00 more with Broad band. With 35+ HD channels sounds good but don't want to somthing that has problems. I don't know anyone with Voom. Sears has it set up and I will go check it out this weekend if I have time. I don't want to singup for 6 months if it is down all the time. I do know they all go down from time to time. I tried to write this last night but my cable and board band went down. So I'm hoping somone on the board has Voom and can tell me what they think. Thanks folks.

Hmm, i have verison for my house phone service and my internet as well, i believe that my mom pays around 25$'s a month for the DSL, its bout 2 mbps, but my friend pays 35$'s for his 4 mbps adelphia cable :/. I also have directtv its great, just when it rains, and when its really windy the picture can sometimes cut out.

Adelphia sucks. I called a few weeks ago about their HD service in my area and they couldn't even tell me if it was availble, much less what channels were avialable. Their cable packages suck and are overpriced.

Not to mention their owners are crooks.

nebraska furniture mart has voom set up in the bigscreen room.

its kinda cool because they have multiple recievers set up and have several differant channels playing on differant hd sets.

the salesman said that the service if very reliable.

as a side note iv'e never been to the 'mart during any kind of bad weather so i cant speak for voom under thoes circumstances.

i will say that it been up and running every time ive checked

jay

Thanks for the input. I will be going to Sears tomorrow. They have Voom hooked up. I didn't want to on a weekend, right be for the hoidays. Went to Listenup on Friday to see what the guys I know there had to say. One of the installers has it and loves it. Boy, it looks like no one on the forum has Voom. Voom put up a new sat. in Oct. and have been adding more channels in SD. That is why I didn't look at them hard in Feb. They just added SciFi and Food Net. They are up to 120 channels. Now if they will only add BBC America, DIY, Western Starz, and HD Net. They have HD Net in Florida so the rest may get it soon, I hope. I will let you know what i think of Voom when I go and look at it.

I had Voom for six months. I ended up cancelling it because they still don't have a DVR device. The picture quality is the best I've seen. I'm comparing it to MediaCom and Dish(which now I regret to say is what I'm using). They don't offer locals through the dish. They will however install an OTA in order for us to get locals (in both SD and HD). We were lucky enough that with the location of our house we could pick up all the local channels and them some. It's pretty cool being able to watch Prime Time tv in HD too.

Whenever Voom releases a DVR we plan on signing back up.2.gif

I did it, I signed up for Voom. It will be installed on monday morning. It will cost me $10 more than I would be paying Adelphia's new cost. With 37 HD channels it sould be good. I did go look at Voom at Sears. Can we all say dumb sales people. I called a local sat company to find out about what I needed to know. In March Voom will be using 16 transpoders on AMC6 that is a little higher in the sky for use in the west. The press release stated that will be good for 30 HD and 250 SD channels more for Voom. It would be nice to have a DVR but all HD DVR's were delayed 1yr. and only started 2 or 3 months ago. So we will see if and when it happens with Voom. Thanks for all the help. I will let you know what I think when its instaled.

• 2 weeks later...

My Voom was installed on Monday. The people at Voom were very helpful. They went out of their way to help me It was nice. The installer was very helpful and did a very clean install. I was at work when he did the install but I did talk with him 3 times by phone. He took 6 hours to install the two rooms and only $1.00 install. All the local HD channels are good. The 37 HD channels are great. I have been finding A lot on in HD. The menu is not as good as Adelphia's but may be better than Dish. I'm very happy with Voom and the install it was right the first time. It took 20+ times to get a good picture out of Adelphia. Thanks for every ones help.