Dead Head Alert -- Jerry Garcia dolls in time for Christmas!

Daddy Dee

I am a Deadhead myself-in a casual way, if that's possible. I like his tie designs, but I haven't bought any since the profits just go to his widow.I read "Garcia-An American Life" and wished I hadn't. He was not a cute, cuddly person at all. I doubt that, had we been contemporaries in space and time, that we'd have been friends. The best way to remember Jerry is to forget him (one of those Dead/Zen things) and listen to the music that he was the conduit for.

No, Jerry was not a great role model for our children but neither are most rock stars and sports heros. He was however, a musical genius. I will always remember him for his music, not for his over-indulgence of drugs and cheeseburgers, the combination of which ultimately killed him.

As for the doll, I still like it although the cardboard guitar is a little cheesy.2.gif

Gary,

Well said. Proof of what you say can be seen if you go a Dead concert these days. It took 2 musicians, excellent ones albeit to replace him (Jimmy Herring and Warren Haines). And that is to just come close.

Jerry was an unbelieveable artist in a lot of ways.

We all have our problems. I'm glad the world doesn't know about some of mine. It's got to be hard to have your personal life disected.

I will always remember Jerry for the music.9.gif