My New Cornwalls

Pure Corn

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

----------------

On 12/21/2004 11:26:51 PM colterphoto1 wrote:

"Tocatta and Fugue just brought tears to my eyes...

are we talking ELP here...?

Michael

----------------

not quite... heh..

PureCorn... you know that CD that jtscav1 was speaking of earlier... the Virgil Fox CD?

Get it for the beauty of the Toccata & Fugue and then go to the Toccata Adagio and Fugue in C. Virgil Fox recorded this when he was suffering with cancer, but you would never know it from the playing. The Adagio of the latter peace is a study in voicings from a master that will leave you breathless if you have any hint of a soul. (a bit overdone, but you get the point, eh?)

That disc has some other gems, but the two Bach organ works ALONE are worth the effort to getting this recording.

Trust me on this.

enjoy the music!

Forrest

WOOT welcome to the Cornwall Club!!! Now try some jazz and you will never leave! I have to agree with everything said..from rock to classical to jazz to movies..my Cornies have never let me down. I was just watching the Mormon Tabernacle (sp??) Choir on PBS High Def and I was simply stunned. It was an awesome experience. Well enough rambling..congrats on a great purchase!!!

Laters,

Jeff

http://www.virgilfoxlegacy.com/discographycd.html#top

Scroll down the page and you'll find the '90 LaserLite version and a duplicate recording on the '92 Bainbridge label (BCD8104)...both are re-releases of "Virgil Fox - The Fox Touch - Volumes One and Two" (Ultragroove direct-to-disc LPs). Amazon.com should carry both CDs.