My New Cornwalls

Pure Corn

Hello All,

First, I'd like to thank everyone who replied to my post: "KG4s v. Cornwalls" ; your comments persuaded me to make a once in a lifetime purchasing decision. There exists no better home audio value than a pair of mint Cornwall loudspeakers for $700.00.

Second, thanks to Rod in Phoenix, Arizona for the opportunity to acquire the Cornwalls.

I have been listening for a few hours now, and the quality of sound is difficult to describe. I expect that one would have to hear to understand thoroughly.

The Cornwalls particulary like piano; Schubert, Chopin and Mozart. Violin laden baroque period works such as Vivaldi's "The Four Seasons" are also sensational.

Female vocals, like those found on the Norah Jones work "Come Away With Me" are great, as are hard rock standards like Led Zeppelin 11.gif.

My current, and admittedly modest, setup includes:

-Adcom GFP-565 preamplifier

-Adcom GFA-535 amplifier

-Adcom GCD-575 cd player

-Music Hall MMF-5 turntable.

I also have an old NAD 1020 preamp that is nearly good as the GFP-565; I actually prefer the phono section.

I have a Dared VP-16 on the way, even though opinions seem to be split on quality.

The GFA-535 has no problem pushing the Cornwalls. In fact, it does a better job with them than it did with the KG4s.

Here are some images:

1.bmp

2.bmp

4.bmp

5.bmp

6.bmp

Thanks again to everyone for the insight,

Orson

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to the madness and Cornwall lover's club. That is one beautiful pair you landed and the price is right. Good find, my friend. You will find those Corns to be not only exemplary at 2 ch sound but an excellent foundation for a HT setup. I myself have been openly weeping whilst watching Led Zep's Page and Plant No Quarter Unledded on DVD (just released) It's AWESOME!

Michael

KG-4 vs Cornwall? You gotta be kidding! Okay, forgive the initiation. I had a pair of KG-4 for a while and I gotta say that you are now in the major league with your Cornwalls. Those Klipsch imposters are suited for the HT at best. I don't have Cornwalls but I have heard them. I know you are now experiencing music the way it should be. I suspect you next post about tube amps?

----------------

On 12/18/2004 6:56:15 PM Klipschfoot wrote:

KG-4 vs Cornwall? You gotta be kidding! Okay, forgive the initiation. I had a pair of KG-4 for a while and I gotta say that you are now in the major league with your Cornwalls. Those Klipsch imposters are suited for the HT at best. I don't have Cornwalls but I have heard them. I know you are now experiencing music the way it should be. I suspect you next post about tube amps?

----------------

.....Oh yeh....Thats what I'm talkin bout.....

----------------

On 12/18/2004 6:07:16 PM garymd wrote:

Beautiful pair of corns. Congrats. They should give you a lifetime of pleasure.

Also, happy holidays and welcome to the nuthouse. Keep us posted on your gear purchases and how you like the changes. You'll find more opinions here then you'll ever want or need.
1.gif

----------------

LOL! Ain't *that* the truth. Beautiful score on those babies! They are truly majestic sounding speakers. head on over to http://www.belgaudio.com/kcmap.htm and read some test reports that'll make you glad you made that purchase (as if your ears don't tell you already).

As far as the amp not having any problem driving them... they'll kick on the power of a sneeze it seems.

Forrest

----------------

On 12/18/2004 8:38:20 PM Pure Corn wrote:

Tocatta and Fugue just brought tears to my eyes...

----------------

Ah, good ol' BWV 565 played on a ca. 1720 north German baroque organ with every stop drawn and those 16' pedal reeds snarling away...I weep as well after the last seven chords of the Fugue are played in Grande Tutti.5.gif

Enjoy those beautiful Cornwalls!