what a klipsch weekend

sdfan

Not asking a specific question or anything, just wanted to share the events of this weekend with a group of people who will appreciate it. For the last 5 yrs. I've had a klf/rf ht setup. About 6 months ago, when we relocated the living/ entertainment room, I had to part with my rf 3s I was using as rears. I did this reluctantly, with the idea that as soon as extra funds became availible, I'd purchase bookshelf speakers to put where the rf3s departed due to space. Well, on Thursday, a customer of mine gives me a pair of forte II they no longer wanted. Perfect shape mechanicly and sonicly, just need a good cabinet cleaning. As if that wasn't enough, on Friday, the doorbell rings and there stands the U.P.S. man with two decent sized boxes. My wife is standing there with a !@#$ eating grin. It turns out that she got me a pair of rb75s for Christmas. So here I sit, after midnight, flipping speaker wire back and forth between a pair of klf20,ForteII,and rb75,as well as one klf c7. Trying to decide how to arrange all this. They sound different from each other, but they all sound excellent. I'm going to have to make some decisions on which ones to get rid of and what to add to make one matched setup. I know this is not the biggest problem one could have, but I got to say, the thought of parting with any of them is a bit gut wrentching. Any suggestions?

Fortes, KLFs and KLF-C7. Sell or return the RB75s. That's your best match. I don't know which to use as fronts (Fortes or KLF-20s) but you can try them both. Also, the RB75s will get you the most money back most likely.

JMHO of course. Enjoy your weekend and try to get a little sleep.9.gif

Congrats on your good fortune!

The probem is, I don't have the room for four large floorstanders. Also, my musical taste is a bit schizophrenic. The rb75s shine in areas where the others don't. I'm initially thinking about keeping the Forte. Selling the 3 klf. Adding 3 more rb 75. This way, I'll have a five channel setup for movies and music that's a little more, "musical", for lack of a better term. I could let the front rb75 set on top of the Forte. I could then place a switch between the forte and 75s. This would allow me to switch to the fortes when I'm in the mood to listen to things way too loud.

----------------

On 12/19/2004 12:37:42 AM sdfan wrote:

I'm initially thinking about keeping the Forte. Selling the 3 klf. Adding 3 more rb 75. This way, I'll have a five channel setup for movies and music that's a little more, "musical", for lack of a better term. I could let the front rb75 set on top of the Forte. I could then place a switch between the forte and 75s. This would allow me to switch to the fortes when I'm in the mood to listen to things way too loud.

----------------

I am thinking this may be your best bet to approach the situation. Also, do you have the room/equipment to put the Forte II's in a seperate two-channel setup?

Agree with Mark Maple all the way. The Forte's were from unknown source. No matter HOW EXCELLENT another combination sounds. The RB75's from wifey must be kept at all costs! Having a spouse who not only puts up with but SUPPORTS your hi-fi habit is a dream of most of ours. Don't discourage her now!

Lets' put our heads together on this gang, lets figure a way out. How 'off' would the RB75's be for rear surrounds with Fortes as mains and KLFC7 as center?

Michael

BTW Mark, got the Bell-O rack assembled and it's awesome! Get comments on it all the time from friends and clients. Thanks!

Without a doubt keeping the 75s. After 11 yrs. of nagging about my habit, she's now feeding it. No need to discourage this. Now thinking about keeping the klf and rb75 as a 5 channel system and possibly using the forte for a two channel bedroom system. Although my gut tells me that fortes in the bedroom will certainly not meet the WAF. I'll try to sell this idea slowly and cautiously over the next couple weeks.If it doesn't work,I'll have one killer garage system. I do think however that I will eventually replace the 3 klf with 3 rb75. I like the 75s more each time I listen to them. They really are a great speaker.

No pix yet. I should go ahead and take some on film, I can scan it and upload those for you guys. I'm NEVER going digital so that is the only run-around I have other than cheesy still mode on camcorder.

Got to resort and rewire though Mark, I got Turntable up too high and now Receiver is so low I have to stoop to adjust it. I still like using the controls on the components vs remote when I can. Only excercise I get these days!

Michael

Okay, as a man of 23 years this marriage, 3 yrs. 13 days the first,listen to a pro.

KEEP THE RB 75s

Example, you spend a lot of time thinking of a gift, you save, then you go buy it. And your wife says, TAKE IT BACK or I'M SELLING IT12.gif now, just how would you feel?

Now, my first wife got the boyfrend, I got the house signed over (after all manners of offering to her) to me on my Birthday.

My present wife gives me Gameboys (after hearing how I don't really care for them,) Car wash Coupons, though I will NOT take my 20 year old baby through one - they really were for her, handkerchiefs - yes you can all laugh now - I did 'til I cried9.gif, Webtv, even though my cousin offered to sell her his second one week old Dell for $100.00 (my family is like that, cheap for family, whatever we were asking within 10 % for anyone else)

Do you get the idea? I clean, I do the laundry, I do all of the cooking, I shovel the drive (excerise).

I've bought her Diamond and Emerald Tennis Bracelets, well I could go on in the jewelry.

But only once did she buy me anything for my stereo for Christmas. I'll trade you, sight unseen.

But my examples are real, think of her feelings. You would have an easy sale of either set on the Forum, then use that money for either more RB 75s, or another Component.

One more area from which I speak - - on the side from being with my local PD, I have been a legal papers server : a Process Server.

I serve triple the number of Divorce Actions after January 1. In the Complaint Section is SOMETHING related to gifts in 45 %. Male or Female initiated.

Sell one pair of the others.

dodger