Garden State

SteelerFan

----------------

On 12/31/2004 4:40:20 PM SteelerFan wrote:

Yes, Zach Braff is a real talent. I agree on the soundtrack also, I'll soon be picking it up.
1.gif

----------------

Isn't he the one on the show "Scrubs"? just a 180 from his normal tv self. I believe he wrote, produced and acted the whole movie. Oh great soundtrack I believe too, I think he also hand picked each soundtrack.

----------------

On 1/4/2005 8:34:28 PM DrWho wrote:

I didn't really like this movie at all...it was wierd and there wasn't really any plot. Just some dude being all "emo"

Or did I totally miss something?

----------------

Your not from joise then lol

That about the average life a a New Jersey person

First thing I mentioned to the friend who bought and brought the movie over to watch was a great soundtrack... the movie was okay. Not overly ambitious of Braff, but then for writing, producing, and starring in his first film, the acting was wel thought out, no underlying sub-plots, or sequels to be expected... twas a good romantic comedy.

but then, thats my 2 cents.

• 1 month later...

I watched this last night....

Slow paced movie....

Decent story.....but could be boring to some...

Great soundtrack....

Great acting by Natalie Portman....she is amazing some times...

Worth a watch....

Hard to say to own...because may find it boring....

I bought it @ $10...used....was worth it to me...

I felt this was a great movie. Subtle, yet charming and quite humorous. I think it helps if you have friends like the characters in the film, so as to relate. And I agree that the music in this film, which was all handpicked by Braff, was excellent.

The film was essentially fresh, unique, and new. That's the gift of it. The fact that Braff wrote, produced, and directed the film is MEGA huge to his credit. Believe me, that's a 24/7 ordeal.

I totally give this film a hearty recommendation a 2 thumbs up!

• 2 weeks later...

The film was essentially fresh, unique, and new. That's the gift of it. The fact that Braff wrote, produced, and directed the film is MEGA huge to his credit. Believe me, that's a 24/7 ordeal.

-----------------------------------------

Yes-- This movie is a gift. Its so non-Hollywood. A very affecting story based on real people Braff knew growing up. You could tell he'd done it all --it seems singular in focus. Very humorous without aping for a laugh.

Natalie Portman plays the love interest so quirky and genuine--you fall in love with her.

All the other characters seem real by seeming bored without being boring.

Funny though, Ian Holm is one of my favorite actors and he looked like he was sleepwalking through this movie -- maybe because he's not in many scenes.

A sweet movie thats not a chick flick -- if that's possible.

I really enjoyed the movie also.

Loved the morning after the party scene, waking up to his friend's mother's Klingon speaking boyfriend in his suit of armor, sitting at the breakfast table with BALLS written on his forehead.

Very subtle humor but hilarious when you think back on it. One of those movies that's even funnier the next day.

• 4 weeks later...