chance to buy B&K....help.....

audiobliss69

I have the chance to buy a B&K PT5 and ST 125.2 for $600. I'm currently using a Yamaha RX-V1400 to push my Klipsch RF-35. Do y'all think the B&K gear would go well with my speakers....and do you think it would be a big enough upgrade to warrant the cost? Also, if I should look into this, I'd hafta sell my receiver; what do you think I could get for it?

Thanks!

I'm not familiar with the B&K PT5, but I have two ST 125.2's and a B&K ST 140 driving a pair of Cornwalls and two pair of Heresys. In my opinion, B&K amps sound great with Klipsch Heritage and should do equally well with your RF-35's. At the price - you can't go wrong.

James

Yeah......I agree with everybody....I think they'd sounds awesome...and I think it's a great deal....however, Dad won't let me do it. He doesn't really want to spend any more money on this (though, I figure after I sell my RX-V1400 I'd only be spendin' about $200), and he DOES NOT like the idea of sellin' something new to get used equipment.....even though it's only 6 months old......

man...this stinks....

Well, the issua has been resolved. To clarify, all the money would be mine; money from gift cards (i.e. give $100 gift card and get $100), job that'll pay $200, plus I already have $131. Then, I could sell the RX-V1400 that was a present for Christmas in 2002.

Dad and I had a talk about it tonight. He had already said no and was obviously against it, but I wanted to talk about why; I failed to see his reasoning. We argued (not yelling argued; presented different sides argued) about the whole idea: why to, why not, what condition, what price, how come, why you need it, you'll sell a gift....etc, etc. Neither of us were convincing the other, so eventually Dad just said ok. He said I could do it. He said he didn't understand it and that he didn't like it, but that I could do it.

I sat there a moment and thought about the whole deal, and how he just said I could do it, though he didn't like the idea. Then I though about Jesus Christ when he was 10 years old (I believe ...might be wrong), and how when they went to Jerusalem he went to the temple and was about His Father's business. His family unknowingly left Him there, soon realized it, and came back for Him. When they found Him, His mom was mad (duh) and of course told Him to come home. In this instance, the Child was right; He knew what He was supposed to be doing and that He was doing it. His parents did not yet understand, and so He was right while they were wrong. However, Jesus submitted to His parents' wishes and went home with them, as it is written 'honor thy father and thy mother'.

And so, I've conlcuded that I still want the equipment; I still think it's a good deal; I still think the equipment is in good shape; I think it makes sense. However, out of respect for my dad's opinion, I no longer want it. I'm happy with what I've got, and so I'll keep it for a few more years.

Thanks to everyone who contributed and everyone who has posted on my threads before!