wheres pioneer?

iluvhifi

I'm an avid Pioneer fan. See my signature and system profile. I have a receiver from 1988 that powers my SF1's really well. My very first receiver was a Pioneer. I don't remember the model # now, but my dad still uses that darn thing. I bought that one in 1995. He says it still sounds great. And he has Bose 601's. If that old receiver makes THOSE speakers sound good, Pioneer must be doing something right!

I'm an avid Pioneer fan. See my signature and system profile. I have a receiver from 1988 that powers my SF1's really well. My very first receiver was a Pioneer. I don't remember the model # now, but my dad still uses that darn thing. I bought that one in 1995. He says it still sounds great. And he has Bose 601's. If that old receiver makes THOSE speakers sound good, Pioneer must be doing something right!

My bad. Tommyboy1587's my alter ego. Here's my signature and system profile

I love my Pioneer Elite VSX-49TXi flagship receiver for running my RF-7-based 7.1 reference system. But, don't just take my word for it, ask Dr.Who, Colterphoto1, Michael Hurd, Indyklipschfan, NOS Valves, DKP, Dizrotus, Parrot, and xdetroitx what they think of my Pioneer Elite system! They've all experienced it. 124 db on Master and Commander with the reference level set at -10 db.

I agree: They don't make em like that any more. Mine is 4 years old. But I wouldn't trade it for a Denon or a Yammy....unless I had too. LOL

A dealer did tell me a new flagship-level model is supposed to come out later this year. It's been way too long!

• 3 years later...