Have a question about RP-5s

love_hertz

I am trying to hook up a Sony 333ES reviever to a pair of RP5s, a Sony Progressive Scan DVD player w/5.1 hookups. Question is I only have one sub out on back of reciever, and two subs, so do I need to get a Y-adapter and hookup both subs that way? And to I remove the gold band post out from the speaker connection on back of the rp5s once this cable is hooked up to the preouts for better sound? Thanks for your help.2.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I have these speakers now for almost 4 years. PM me with any questions. I currently run these without hooking the lfe to the reciever. Just run speaker wires from the low or high (long as its the same on both speakers) to my amp and set it to large.

I have used them with the following

Yamaha dspa1

Pioneer Elite 47TX

Harman Kardon 7200

Panasonic saxr-50 (current)

I love these speakers once you get them dialed in but they are huge so I am looking to maybe sell them. Any interested let me know.

• Klipsch Employees

----------------

On 1/7/2005 1:10:06 PM love_hertz wrote:

I am trying to hook up a Sony 333ES reviever to a pair of RP5s, a Sony Progressive Scan DVD player w/5.1 hookups. Question is I only have one sub out on back of reciever, and two subs, so do I need to get a Y-adapter and hookup both subs that way? And to I remove the gold band post out from the speaker connection on back of the rp5s once this cable is hooked up to the preouts for better sound? Thanks for your help.
2.gif
----------------

Yes, use a "Y" adapter to hook up the sub input. Use the LINE IN on the amp. that way you will go through the crossover in the RP5. This way when in stereo you will still get sub. The LFE in "looks" for much more siginal than the Line in. In movies your receiver will give as much as 10 db more siginal than in stereo mode.

LINE IN is the way to go.