Authorized Dealers

streyle

Does anyone here have experience with factorydirectsound.com or acousticsounddesign.com? They offer reference series cheaper than most other places......

Also, does anywhere have the new Synergy series besides Best Buy? vanns.com only sells the old synergy speakers.

----------------

On 1/7/2005 2:34:45 PM streyle wrote:

Does anyone here have experience with factorydirectsound.com or acousticsounddesign.com? They offer reference series cheaper than most other places......

Also, does anywhere have the new Synergy series besides Best Buy? vanns.com only sells the old synergy speakers.

----------------

The question to ask prior to buying, "are you an authorized Dealer" for whatever product you are buying.

If not and you need repairs, you have no warranty unless the Seller gives one.

Even then, you can't be sure that genuine parts will be used.

For what you will save, if you pruchase from your Authorized dealer you will gain in good will. You will also gain if a warranty repair is needed. It will be covered.

Best Buy is an authorized Dealer but not for the Reference series.

The old motto - you get what you pay for definitely is a factor is buying from an Authorized Klipsch Dealer.

dodger

Guest Anonymous

if you search authorized dealers from the klipsch web site you can find out if any of those palces are authorized dealers, i have dealt with acousticsounddesign.com on a limited basis and they have been around for about 5 years now? so i don't know

Guest Anonymous

right, well that is why you need to buy from an authorized dealer, because klipsch can then trace it back to the line it came off, rather than having an unauthorized dealer selling you b stock or something that is stolen or bought from liquidation, be very wary because it is a huge risk and buying from an unauthorized not only hurts buisness that do things the right wa and going throught the motions it also hurts manufacturers a lot more than you may think, thats all the more reason to buy klipsch from an authorized dealer

One more thing regarding authorized dealers... I work for a pro-sudio manufacturer. Several months ago the GM gave me one of our products, at least I THOUGHT it was one of our products. It was a Chinese knock-off... a copy. It sure looked nice, and the knobs felt nice, UNTIL I opened it. It was vastly inferior, and tested VERY BAD. It was even silkscreened "Made in Webster NY, USA" on the back! I doubt they would copy the reference series, but ProMedia or smaller speakers might be another story.

Dave

Well I nailed some places in the "shopping" thread.

At least I can come down to a post from someone who puts their reputation behind what they do.

The Audiokid knows what Customer Service, repeat business while gaining new through word of mouth is.

A very good part of the time (putting excellent manufacturers aside) his repairs are of higher quality than the Component's original work.

It's good to say this as I won't get a discount, and he does NOT pay me to note his quality.

A rare breed these days.

dodger

• Klipsch Employees

We have has "knock off" units show up in the past. Your right it is bad for everyone.

The two places you ask about are not dealers for Klipsch. They get their inventory from the back door of a true dealer. Then they open the boxes and remove the labels / SN to keep us from tracing the speaker back to the "true dealer". When we find a dealer that is sending speakers out the back door, they no longer get to carry the Klipsch products. Over the last 3-4 years we have stopped selling to about 30% of or dealer base. For this or other reasons. After doing that we picked up some very good new dealers as well as Best Buy (for the Synergy products only) and have continued to increase our share in the market.

We do our best to treat our customers right and build some of (if not) the best speakers on the market.

Please find an authorized dealer to get your speakers from.

Well I did finally end up buying from an authorized dealer for a good price......after a lot of hassle that I described in another thread. Basically, I went to one place (Sound Images in Bethesda MD) to demo the Reference series.....however the salesman refused to let me listen to these speakers....instead he pushed me towars PSB speakers (decent, but NOt what I wanted).....So I had to drive an extra half hour to second store in the chain to listen (unfortunately they didn't have the RF-5s the other store had, only RF-35). Anyway, I ended up buying from an authorized store and I am MUCH happier about it......I love my RF-35s.......