1958 Shorthorn

garymd

Bill, those don't look at all like the Alnico EV's 15WK's Greg and I are familiar with (see his Shorthorn pics). Without the "K", they are probably 16-ohms rather than 4 ohms which Klipsch used for his lineup. Maybe EV's post-alnico magnet version, which was no great shakes. Thanks, tho', good 15WK's are good finds.

Larry

Gary and I visited this morning. I didn't bother with pics, as he had the top and front off. The exterior is a moderately light, only fair mahogany with crud in one area that might be removable. The grille is a rather nondescript cane color.

Inside: a bronze-pot EV T-35 tweeter, a University SAHF (I'm pretty sure), and a brilliant blue Stephens 103 woof. He has never listened to it and didn't have it hooked up, so we couldn't hear it.

He wasn't interested in a low offer, and we left it with him.

Larry

Probably could have walked away with it for $200 but I think I only would have taken it if he gave it to me. It was nice and would have cleaned up well but........

I also had Greg on the phone. Wasn't worth it to him since he already has 2 and this is a lighter color and had the gold grill cloth, not the cool looking multi-color cane. Plus shipping to Maine.................

Nice conversation piece but like I said, I'd probably end up just talking to myself.2.gif

If anyone is interested, it's small enough that I could possibly store it for a while and it should clean up pretty nicely. Assume $250 to $300 if you want it. He already had offers over $150 and more coming. If I act fast, I may still be able to get it. All the drivers look to be in good shape and it has a perfect original Klipsch Shorthorn metal badge.

Oh yeah. Pretty funny seeing the dumbfounded look on the guy's face when Larry started talking about crossovers and cycles and hertz.9.gif He'd never even hooked the thing up. Bought it at an estate sale thinking he could make some money. Little did he know he'd probably be lucky to break even! Too bad it wasn't a Khorn like the ad implied.15.gif

----------------

On 1/8/2005 12:28:55 PM LarryC wrote:

Gary and I visited this morning. I didn't bother with pics, as he had the top and front off.

----------------

Are you talking about the Shorthorn here, or the gentleman's attire? I'm pretty sure m00n, at least, would have appreciated some candid shots.

----------------

On 1/8/2005 8:43:22 PM fini wrote:

----------------

On 1/8/2005 12:28:55 PM LarryC wrote:

Gary and I visited this morning. I didn't bother with pics, as he had the top and front off.

----------------

Are you talking about the Shorthorn here, or the gentleman's attire? I'm pretty sure m00n, at least, would have appreciated some candid shots.

----------------

m00n,

Are you gonna take that?11.gif

----------------

On 1/8/2005 9:27:18 PM Klipschfoot wrote:

Estate sale my eye. Goodwill (or comparable) most likely. He's a troller/flipper most likely. Nothing wrong with that, mind you. We all gotta eat.

----------------

If you're interested (which I doubt), I'll give you his #.