My first Klipsch!!!

fyremarble

I am pleased to announce that i have recieved my first Klipsch speakers ever. I have never owned any Klipsch speakers before, but for Christmas my cousin, cdsang, bought me a pair of Klipsch RB-35s and an Onkyo TX-SR502,and I LOVE THEM!!! Before my cousin gave me a Logitec computer system, hey it was better than that boombox i can tell you that much. After i figured out what he got me for Christmas i decided after i got my new system i could hook up the Logitecs up to the computer. Soon Christmas came and Lo and behold my Dad got Doom 3 (ack!) I told him my intentions and in his words "I don't think that will be necessary." I said "Don't you want to enhance your gameing expirience?" He just sort of walked away. I hooked it up anyway last night i hope he won't be mad he might just change his mind, what with 2 surrounds, a center and sub,if you can call it that,any way i'll keep everyone posted. 5.gif12.gif

Hello Erica and welcome to the Forum.

You have one superfine cousin, who would give you a pair of Klipsch RB35 speakers! What a deal. You should be very happy with them and they will serve you well for years. If you have any audio/home theatre questions, please give the Forum members the following info:

what your system consists of

what your listening needs are music, what type, how loud, music?? etc.

your room size

We're here to enhance your experience

and don't worry about the guys who go gaga cause you're a gal. Some of us don't get out much! LOL

Michael

Guest Anonymous

if you have any spec questions about your reciever let me know,i know that reciever top to bottom in and out every way possible so anytime you need something let me know and i can answer it for you

I suppose I could fill in some of fyremarble info for the forum. Please note I didn't have to much money to play around when I bought her system, but I did what I could. Besides what was said, she also has a Playstation 2 which she uses as a source. I even bought monster cable optical cable and speaker wireing as well. Nothing to fancy, but I don't see much of a reason to spend to much in this area. I also bought her a portbable CD player and gave her an adaptor to help her plug in her cdplayer to the Onkyo. I belive her listing levels are around 65-75 dB and maybe 85 when she wants it louder. Her room size I don't remember but I am guessing 15 by 10 feet. Later on I plan on buying her a sub. She doesn't want anything big but she says the RW-10 is ok for size but I want to push up to a RW-12 and if she can wait long enough, possibly an RSW-10. Please note the sub upgrade won't be for a long time. Possibly around Dec 2005 to about Jan 2006 for the RW-stuff and Mid next year for the RSW-10 depending on her feelings. She said no to SVS because she doesn't like the look of the cyclinders or the size of the box. But I did just notice the SVS PB10-ISD is just little bit bigger then the RW-12. Of course over time I will talk to her about it.

CD

Hello again. Thank you all for your kind words, its good to know that there is always a helping hand when i need it. I know i can always ask my cosin but sometimes, no offence to him, if i hear it from at least two people it seems more reliable. Well i have'nt had much time to fiddle with my system yet, you see i was on a trip to see my cousin and while i was away my filter for my aquarium started leaking pretty bad, i know this because my dad called from home, quite miffed i might add, so i told him how to shut the filter off and my fish tank did'nt recieve filtation for 4 days and when i got home the water was sooo filthy i could hardly see my fish. So since then i've been dealing with my filter not my system but of course i know i have the forum to help me out. Good news my Dad likes the system, he says it works pretty good with Doom 3, some enemies make noise, if you listen, like growling and what not to let the player know that they are there. Anyway i won't make this too long. Talk to you guys and gals later.5.gif12.gif