Air Tight

johnyholiday

Opps hit the enter key, ANYWAY this came to me in a dream, lets take a kg4, it has a passive radiator, coupled by air, in a supposed air tight box,with 2, 8 inch drivers ,with cloth dust caps so i would believe there not air tight, there would be blow-by via the spider-voicecoil an cloth dust cap. Experment, would sealed off dust caps tighten the interanal air coupling, might be a good duct tape project.If it does only thing i can think of to seal the dust caps would be spraying clear coat on the caps.Possible problem, all my musical amps have vented drivers for heat, would sealing the dust caps heat up the drivers, is this why dust caps are cloth in first place for cooling.Notice the newer drivers in the RF7 with sealed dust caps are they vented drivers.Suggestions on possible problems of sealing dust caps off an method of sealing dust caps

10.gif here's a mod for kg2, with out a passive radiator, get 4 small nutts ,remove the tweeter screws ,place the nuts as spacers, on the screws behind the Dhorn tweeter, an tighten you now have a vented kg2 ,a little stuffing behind the tweeter ,an you have a little tranmission line, is it tuned right ,who knows but its cheap

2.gif here's another cheapy for kg2&kg4 ,an others,for kg2, remove your drivers, an place a layer of your favorite rubbermaid ultra con-tact paper, over the motorboard ,an cut out the tracing, of the driver holes ,an the tracing of the cover magnets, maybe even 2 layers sort of like a cheap dynamat, an pretty too i'm thinking blackmarble, but hey polka-dots might look good too, same thing on a kg4, just trace the seam, between the drivers without removing them, with a rasor blade or other sharp instrument, an the motorboard, an cut the tracing around the cover magnets, that you will see when you smooth the contact paper over them. now were's my triple expansion foam i'm going in side to coat some ringing baskets an horns HANG LOSE16.gif