Where to buy

Corvzr1

Not sure what your zip is, but here is a listing for those with Reference speakers around Hartford:

AUDIO VIDEO CONSULTANTS, LLC

686 MAIN STREET

WATERTOWN, CT 06795

UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

PHONE: 860-283-2397

FAX: 860-283-2397

MAP IT!

DEALER TYPE:

Designer/Installation Services

PRODUCT LINES:

Reference

Zon

BRUCE TELEVISION INC.

220 OLD ROUTE 22

WASSAIC, NY 12592

UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

PHONE: 845-373-4444

MAP IT!

DEALER TYPE:

Designer/Installation Services

PRODUCT LINES:

Reference

Aragon

JPC POPS INC

294 MAIN STREET

BARRINGTON, MA 01230

UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

PHONE: 413-528-4999

FAX: 413-528-0268

MAP IT!

DEALER TYPE:

Retail Store

PRODUCT LINES:

Reference

I'd strongly recommend buying from an authorized dealer.....read my thread below......I looked at factorydirectsound.com and acousticsounddesign.com, but you get no warranty and aren't guaranteed to get real speakers.....

If you're worried about price, always try to negotiate with the dealers.....I was able to get a very good price on my RF-35s and RC-35....

Call before going to one of these. The dealer locator isn't real acurate. They listed one in Newington CT. I went there and they didn't have any klipsh. Never did. They were considering selling them, but one of the salesmen said that he hopes they never do, because they're only a high end shop. He said this as we was standing next to a wall of paradigm speakers. (No offence to Paradigm, I think they're good speakers, just not the snotty high end that he supposedly only sold (JL Labs, etc...).

Call first to make sure they're actually a dealer. I've noticed a couple CT dealers fall off the website (mainly installation companies) over the last year, so Klipsch is probably getting it up to date. Hopefully the one in watertown is an actual dealer. They weren't listed a few months ago.

----------------

On 1/13/2005 9:54:11 PM v3spitfire wrote:

Call before going to one of these. The dealer locator isn't real acurate. They listed one in Newington CT. I went there and they didn't have any klipsh. Never did. They were considering selling them, but one of the salesmen said that he hopes they never do, because they're only a high end shop. He said this as we was standing next to a wall of paradigm speakers. (No offence to Paradigm, I think they're good speakers, just not the snotty high end that he supposedly only sold (JL Labs, etc...).

Call first to make sure they're actually a dealer. I've noticed a couple CT dealers fall off the website (mainly installation companies) over the last year, so Klipsch is probably getting it up to date. Hopefully the one in watertown is an actual dealer. They weren't listed a few months ago.

----------------

I am well aware of this shop. I wont list the name. They are definetly stuck up. I have purchased some NAD and Marantz stuff from them. That guy is lying too, they used to carry Klipsch Reference and Heritige about ten years ago. My cousin has some speakers from them. The quote they gave me recently was "we only like good CLEAR speakers, Klipsch are loud but not clear". This was all in a very smug tone. I probally shouldnt purchase anything from there anymore, but they are the closest NAD and Marantz dealer to my house. They do carry some ultra high end stuff there like Krell, Meridian, Linn and JMlab/Focal(overrated). But they are snobs there.

The rest of the dealers listed in the state are custome design studios that have no showroom or are not in buisness. So my only availble listening choice is in Mass or NY.

----------------

On 1/14/2005 12:49:44 PM Corvzr1 wrote:

----------------

On 1/13/2005 9:54:11 PM v3spitfire wrote:

----------------

I am well aware of this shop. I wont list the name. They are definetly stuck up. I have purchased some NAD and Marantz stuff from them. That guy is lying too, they used to carry Klipsch Reference and Heritige about ten years ago. My cousin has some speakers from them. The quote they gave me recently was "we only like good CLEAR speakers, Klipsch are loud but not clear". This was all in a very smug tone. I probally shouldnt purchase anything from there anymore, but they are the closest NAD and Marantz dealer to my house. They do carry some ultra high end stuff there like Krell, Meridian, Linn and JMlab/Focal(overrated). But they are snobs there.

The rest of the dealers listed in the state are custome design studios that have no showroom or are not in buisness. So my only availble listening choice is in Mass or NY.

----------------

Welcome To the Forum. I am sorry that you have had and are having a bad experience.

So the onus is on ME, I forwarded the post to support @klipsch.com

This way the locator can be updated and that dealer removed from listings.

Win dodger