Ultimate Electronics files Chapter 11

gcoker

I just bought a TV from them and purchased the 5 yr. extended warranty. They said if I never have to use it I would get half the cost of the warranty back in a gift card to use for their merchandise. I am wondering now if they will even honor the warranty and if they will even be in business in 5 yrs time. Great!

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 1/14/2005 4:41:46 PM jroc wrote:

I just bought a TV from them and purchased the 5 yr. extended warranty. They said if I never have to use it I would get half the cost of the warranty back in a gift card to use for their merchandise. I am wondering now if they will even honor the warranty and if they will even be in business in 5 yrs time. Great!

----------------

No, all of the extended warrentys sold by law have to be outsourced by another company in the event that the company itself goes out of buisness. best buy goes through a and something i forget and circuit city goes through GE, you have nothing to worry about, you may get a pro-rated refund or what not, call teh 1800 number on the back of the brochure or the reciept and talk to them about it

• 6 years later...

Newbie here and have been just hanging out until I jumped in feet 1st with the clearance sale that Ultimate has going on right now. Picked up a RC-52 ref II a couple of weeks ago for 250.00 and today picked up a set of RF-82 ref II (600.00 pair) and RS-52 ref II (320.00 pair). I have to stop going there but with these prices I can't stop [:'(]

Anyways,

I have heard the 82's but took a chance on the RS-52's, Will be hooking it all up tomorrow so I shall hear how it sounds and I am sure I will have alot of questions.

Great site and some really really nice systems you all have. Looking forward to talking and listening to you all in the future.

I saw in the paper on Wednesday that Ultimate Electronics
filed Chapter 11 Bankruptcy. From what I understand they
are trying to remain open but for anyone with items being returned
or being repaired I would go and get them.

I remember them downsizing and closing the doors to a majority of their stores a few years ago, when I was still in the Broken Arrow/Tulsa OK area. The Tulsa store was spared, but I guess it didn't last very long. I enjoyed shopping at their store on 71st. St, in Tulsa. Right behind the CompUSA that closed it's doors years earlier.