which sub for synergy's?

tommyboy

----------------

On 1/16/2005 6:00:25 PM SteelerFan wrote:

You can start by going down to your dealer and give a listen to the Klipsch KSW series and see how you like it. They are made to go with your Synergy's.
1.gif

----------------

True, however I wouldn't recommend them as a match. In my opinion, the synergy full range models are better quality pieces than the KSW series subs (match-wise, that is). I don't think you'll be impressed by them, however that's a matter of opinion. It comes down to budget and personal taste. What's your budget, your previous sub history and your personal bass needs?

Of two dozen subwoofers rated in order of value, the top five subwoofers with the most 25Hz bang for the least bucks are: SVS 20-39 ($599), Dayton Titanic III 15" kit ($688), PSB Subsonic 5i ($449), used ill-fated Klipsch LF10 sub-woofer, with its 500-watt amplifier, one active and two passive 10 drivers, ($550), Velodyne CHT-15 ($599) and Atlantic Tech T70.1PBM ($425), with 82.2dB output (louder than a voice, but not really LOUD!

6.gif

the ksw may not goes as deep as you wish.but the bass they provide are very fine.

i ve listen to KSW12 and i own a KSW10. the amount of sound the KSW10 can provied with only 50w is amazing. i only wish it some Hz deeper.

with a 12 or a 15 you cannot go wrong2.gif

Well, here goes...I am donning my flak jacket over my firesuit....

I have been using a pair of SF-1 fronts, SB-1 rears, and a KSC-C1 center along with a KSW-12. I purely hated the KSW-12's sound for both music and even HT...too boomy and muddy for my liking. And I tried every possible tweak and placement to humor myself. I then found out about the BIC H-100 sub, which was actually designed by Dr. Hsu himself and appears to use the same BASH amp as the STF-1 Hsu does. It has a 12" driver. To make the story short, I eBay'd my KSW-12 and bought not only one of the H-100 subs for my upstairs HT/music system, but got another for the 2-channel system we use downstairs for music and a HD monitor as well. The sound quality is staggering for the $199 price. It simply blows the KSW-12 out of the water all around. Goodbye boomy, muddy bass response and hello happiness. I got mine on eBay for $199 plus shipping of $40. No matter what anyone says negative about the BIC marketing as a ripoff of Klipsch, which I totally agree it is, give the sub a listen and you will not be disappointed. As a sidenote, I was quite happy with the Synergy setup, but have a pair each of the RF-25 and RB-15 speakers coming as well as a RC-25 due in tomorrow, thus I am selling all the Synergy stuff cheap.

----------------

On 1/17/2005 12:02:40 AM Colin wrote:

Of two dozen subwoofers rated in order of value, the top five subwoofers with the most 25Hz bang for the least bucks are: SVS 20-39 ($599), Dayton Titanic III 15" kit ($688), PSB Subsonic 5i ($449), used ill-fated Klipsch LF10 sub-woofer, with its 500-watt amplifier, one active and two passive 10” drivers, ($550), Velodyne CHT-15 ($599) and Atlantic Tech T70.1PBM ($425), with 82.2dB output (louder than a voice, but not really LOUD!

6.gif

----------------

No Hsu in that list? Where is it from?

The STF-3 is $599 and rocks. I could have purchased a Velodyne CHT-15 for less than my Hsu STF-3 when I bought 6 months ago, but decided to go with Hsu and have no regretted it. It's a great sub.