KLIPSCH HERESY MODS

stewartwen

I don't hear any coloration but I don't hear any low bass either. Looking at the woofer it does eeem it is designed to have much excursion. Although this is counter intuituve for a sealed box it it is a fact, these speakers lack in the low end. I have, however "auditioned" them on a Mcintosh2300, they took it all and the bass was amazing, as well as the SPL they can deliver. I will elaborate on my system mods if there is any interest, but I have left the box untouched. I would like to know the intent of this design.

The original intent of the Heresy was as a supplemental speaker to the Klipschorn in a monaural set-up. In that application it really didn't NEED bass bottom end because the Klipschorn supplied that. The Heresy woofer is a short excursion woofer which performs best in a sealed cabinet. IOW, it wil NOT go as lowas it could in a ported design, but it will be able to handle more power without slamming its coil in the sealed cabinet.