Dynaco Mark IV's

tillmbil

You didn't get me at all! The Mark 4's are a ST70 with a dedicated power supply per channel. Pretty much the same thing with a little more umph. But in stock form there not going to sound anything near what you had. Did you make a mistake ....... I don't think so why have 2 KT88 amps you might just as well have a nice set of EL34 based amps.

Craig

Bill,

Have you listened to them? Oh, maybe you don't have posession yet...

I picked up a pair in need of a complete rebuild (and one power Xformer), although the one did sound good.

Do you have plans for them, in terms of updates?

Some people get lucky. Looks like I may be sending you some more of my stuff. I just could not bring myself to take the KT88's out of my VRD's and put in the El34's I bought, so I was looking for somewhere to put them. I think I got a good deal.

By the way, the VRD's continue to break in, and get ever so much clearer. For the first time in a long while I can easily tell when my amps play sweeter than what I am listening to. Which so far has been every where else I have listened.

I do beleive the Dean crossovers helped to, as they break in nicely.

Oops, missed your post Fini. First I will just listen, then later I will probably send them to Craig for a slight adjustment. I think my Khorns need the Mark IV's to replace the Scott 299D, and the Scott needs to come to work with me. The all in one package with Hereys would do nicely.

----------------

On 1/17/2005 9:18:24 PM tillmbil wrote:

Oops, missed your post Fini. First I will just listen, then later I will probably send them to Craig for a slight adjustment. I think my Khorns need the Mark IV's to replace the Scott 299D, and the Scott needs to come to work with me. The all in one package with Hereys would do nicely.
----------------

Slight adjustment........ what the heck is that2.gif

----------------

On 1/18/2005 3:18:44 PM Clipped and Shorn wrote:

Anybody know of a source for MARK IV power transformers? This could be a real issue.

DR BILL

Triode Electronics is seriously addressing this need. They said they will have something available in 3 months or so.

C&S
----------------

I would like to believe this. But -- do you remember that same optimism on new transformers for the Mark III? Ned does a bang up job, but sometimes he wishes too hard!

DR BILL

Yea he was suppose to have restock on Mark III front end boards over a year ago and there still not available so don't hold your breath. I got tired of waiting so Mark and I designed are own. If you really need one I would just order custom replacement from Heyboer Transformer and be done with it.

Craig

Yeah, slight tweak...as in leaving money in my pocket still so I can buy thoses incredibly expensive tubes.9.gif

Who knows until you get them, with my current luck they never last long until something goes. While I try and pay heid to the " keep them original idea" I really get upset when they stop playing and then Craig has to do the complete overhaul for me, becasue with shipping costs and potential damage you might as well go al the way and get it over with.

Sheldon Stokes (maker of the st-70 cap board and others) hasn't had anything made for quite a while. I got an email from him this past weekend or so and he was trying to get an order lined up for boards.

His site has the board layouts for a few things if you were inclined to etch your own boards.

Marvel

----------------

On 1/18/2005 8:47:39 PM Marvel wrote:

His site has the board layouts for a few things if you were inclined to etch your own boards.

----------------

I could line-up a few itchy broads, but I'm not sure that would help any of us.

OTOH, I am getting a little itchy m'self to get these MK IVs up and running. In good time, as per the "fini style"®.