Question about Rotel Per-amps

customsteve01

Have been doing alot of reading here, and believe me there is a lot to read..... whew...

I am in the process of searching and auditioning components for our new Home Theater. I really like the Rotel RSP-1068, RMB-1095, and RB-1080. This will be hooked up to 2)RF-7, 1)RC-7,

2)RS-7 and 2)RB-75, and 1)RSW-15. What I would like to know is there the option to adjust the crossovers for each set of speakers or just the subwoofer.

I didn't know to ask this when I auditioned the rotel gear.

Its amasing the amount of information and the knowlage of the people in this forum. I know I will be picking your brains alot more before I am done with this project.

In advance thanks for your help,

Steve

I've been using Rotel in my home theater for a few years now and never had a single problem with any of there equipment. Great quality for the price point and very clean sounding.

I run a RB-1090 (380wpcx2 ) into klipschorns up front and a RB-993

(200 wpc x 3 ) for my rear lascalas and the center CF-7 . Processor is the 985 model if my memory is any good today .

The rear lascalas are being replaced by another set of klipschorns and the center CF-7 is being replace by a Belle but this setup will not be up and running until my new theater room is completed as my existing room will not support 4 k-horns and a belle .

With sensitive heritage speakers the SS Rotel gear offers headroom galor and i've never once sent an amp into serge protection or warmed one up enough to notice any strain .

I've been more than happy with my HT setup for the past 4 or 5 years now and would recomend the rotel gear at the price point it's offered. Better equipment with more bells and whistles can be bought but Rotel does offer a pretty good bang for your buck .

Good luck : Dale

Crossovering is done at the speaker itself not in the processor unless you use an external crossover devise which would entale removing the existing speaker crossover to be completely effective which i high discourage.

Most processors ( including the rotel ) have a setup menu for adjusting speaker volume to seating position as well as time delay and speaker size. Alot of fine tuning can be done in these menus if one has the time to spend tinkering .

Yes,you can set the front,center and surr all to different crossover from 40 to 120 I think,sub too for that matter.You will need to set any speaker you want to crossover to small,otherwise it gets full signal.

The Rotels have a pretty good set up as far as options to configure.

----------------

On 1/18/2005 1:56:59 PM Fish wrote:

Yes,you can set the front,center and surr all to different crossover from 40 to 120 I think,sub too for that matter.

I use to have a rotel surround processor ( trade up to the Krell ) and no place in the setup menu was a crossover adjustment . All channels get full range unless you configure to " small " speakers which i always found was a mistake irregaurdless of what speakers i was using unless we want to refer to tiny bookshelves which is not really the case here .

Which rotel processor are you refering to that has a crossover adjustment within the audio options menu ?

----------------

On 1/18/2005 3:15:07 PM LOADEDTUNES wrote:

I use to have a rotel surround processor ( trade up to the Krell ) and no place in the setup menu was a crossover adjustment . All channels get full range unless you configure to " small " ...

Which rotel processor are you refering to that has a crossover adjustment within the audio options menu ?

----------------

Actually his signature mentions he's got a RSP-1068... but I understand what you mean. My older THX Rotel Preamp also has a fixed setting of Large or Small (fixed at 80Hz crossover) for all the three groups (front, center and rear).

My understanding of this is that the THX spec required this fixed frequency... for both it's certified mixing studios as well as the reproduction equipement.

Obviously when using the processor in any mode other than THX surround, it isn't required... but that functionality wasn't offered originally.

Rob

MarkM,your're right,it does go to 200(I never really looked,I run full range).Ltunes,if you read my post closely you will notice I stated you must set to small to crossover,you do not need to crossover when set to large.Rob,thanks for noticing.