Wall Brackets for RS35's ?????

ZIPPY710199

I was looking for brackets also. The place I got my speakers from their guy who installs the systems told me that I didn't need them, to use the keyhole. I wanted to angle them downward a bit, and he said due to the WDST that I didn't really need to. All in all I took his advice (although i had to use drywall screws **get the metal ones, mine are rated for 50lbs each**) I screwed the drywall screw all the way in, but I didn't screw in the mounting screw all the way, this causes my speakers to tilt downward a little bit.

However if your really sold on getting mounts I heard omnimount is the best way to go.

-chris

Divin,

Which Omnimounts? The speakers weigh 9.6 lbs each but the 10-lb. Omnimount looks flimsy considering the size of the speaker. The screw on the 20-mount is way too big.

Does anyone have a success story with these speakers and the 10-lb. Omnimounts? I don't want to ruin my wall and (more importantly) my speaker.

I saw them for 30 bucks at BestBuy and GoodGuys. Do you just hang them or do you actually swivel them? I want the speakers to point down towards the listening area (I know I don't really need to but I would definitely like to). My ceiling is 9 feet high and I plan on using the ceiling mounts drilled into the ceiling joist.

Thanks,

no, they won't work at all...the 20.0 has a 3/8 16 thread and the 10.0 has a 1/4 20 thread, I wish the 20.0 had a 1/4 20 thread so I could feel more secure about putting my speakers on them. I understand that the 10.0 are really able to handle higher weights but are given a conservative weight tolerance. I am going to put them on and hopefully it all goes well and I can feel more confident about having them on the 10.0 omnimounts. I am jonesing for Apocalypse Now Redux!

I wouldn't use the speaker mounting plate because you may harm some of the elements of the speaker. The shape of the speaker leads me to believe that the components are packed into it pretty tight. I don't know what kind of magnetic interference they might cause. I am mounting mine of omnimount 10.0 tomorrow. I will let you know how it goes.

I sent a msg to Klipsch Customer Support this morning to ask if the Omnimount 10.0 were sufficient with the RS-35's.

Here's the reply I got a few minutes ago:

'Yes the Omnimount 10.0 is fine to use with the RS-35.'

Looks like I'll give them a try too. I think they're about $32 each at Radio Shack.

Good luck!

I mounted my new RS-35s with the Omniport 10.0 wall mounts last night. The mounts are not large, however I put a pair of rubber bumpers on the lower edge of the speakers and rested them on the wall facing down toward my listening area. For me... they worked out fine.

However, if you intend to use the mounts to hold the RS-35s away from the wall at whatever angle you'd care to use... I don't think they're strong enough. They are also quite short. So there isn't allot of room to angle the speakers since they're so large. If you're really looking for mounts to HOLD the speakers away from the wall... you may want to look into the 20.0 version.

One note... the shaft from the 10.0 does match the screw insert on the RS-35's. However, I found that one of the RS-35s that I bought did not have the hole drilled and completed in the back of the cabinet. What a PITA! And, since I purchased these online (BrandNamez)... I didn't want to go through the hassle of returning them and getting replacements.

The Omnimounts do come with an option to use the keyhole mount. I used this for mounting the defective speaker.

Hope this info helps.

I avoided the whole "screw-size-load-rating" mess and just went out and bought nice shelves that are 10 inches deep. The RS's fit snugly on the shelves. Add a little black non-slip sheet(that you would put under a throw rug to keep it from sliding on a wood floor) and all the vibration in the world won't move those baby's. You can get them 2, 3 and 4 feet long from Restoration Hardware or Pottery Barn. It wasn't cheap but I have to say...it really looks nice! Most importantly, the wife loves the fact that she can now put "stuff" on the shelves(candles, pictures, etc). I made BIG points with that suggestion!

I mounted them about 6.5 feet up the wall so they don't need to be pointed down(although you could still do that). They sound fantastic!

I was able to mount my RS-35's last night using the omnimount's 10.0 ceiling mounts mounted to a ceiling joist. I can swing them pretty much straight down if I want to. They are not going anywhere. The mounts are very strong and support the distributed weight of the speaker just fine. I highly recommend these mounts. They don't look strong but their looks are very deceiving. Now I have to patch up those notches in my ceiling from running the wire in the wall. Then comes the orange peel and then the paint...am i ever gonna finish?!?!?! :o)