... shopping for subs... any opinions?

rodneyk

I am still looking at subs and trying to decide which way to go. My system now has Heresy II speakers, a NAD 7240 receiver and the room is about 18' X 10'. Top on my list of choices is either the RW-12 or the RSW-12. On a recent road trip I was able to check out some dealers who obviously wanted to me to consider their wares. Two subs in question are the Velodyne DLS-4000R (I had not previously been around Velodyne). The other is the Paradigm PS-1200 and the dealer who proposed it had been a former Klipsch dealer and said this is a better woofer.

Now I am wondering if anyone here has any experience or knowledge of these subs? And what information you might be able to give me to consider.

Thanks everyone.

Obviously the RSW would greatly out perform the RW subs... and I'm not referring to price. 2.gif

OTOH, I can't say anything about the DLS Velodynes as I haven't heard them... but I can tell you that the Paradigm PS-1200 isn't in the same league with the RSW12. You'd have to look at the Paradigm PW-2200 to be in the same performance and price range.

If you can afford it... the RSW12 would provide you with hours upon hours great listening experiences.

Rob

I have no experience with Velodyne. However, I've heard the Paradigm is not in the same class as the RSW-12. The RSW subs are excellent. They don't reach as deep as some other companies' offerings, but they are very articulate and unquestionably powerful. If you have the money, the RSW-12 is a great choice.

Of course, if you're short on cash, the Dayton Titanic 15" sub is a good choice.

I didn't care for the KSWs of the Synergy line when listening to them...too boomy but to be fair this was in a BB store and NOT the best place to hear fine qualities...I just got an Outlaw Audio LFM-1...$499 in the package (with 950 processor and 7100 amp) or $579 stand alone...very happy with it so far...smooth and NO BOOM! Just my .02.

Bill