Room Dimensions for KHorns

throttlemire

According to Bell Labs 25ft apart and placed in corners with a center speaker fillin is about minimum for high SPL's. Remember that the walls and ceiling and floor are the extensions of the base-horn. You can go smaller but you won't be able to really crank it up too much. Always use the longest dimension of the wall.

JJK

I personally think that the fixed top cabinet of the Khorn, being a 45 degree situation is the main reason for the rather severe requirements placed on the room.

If you can tolerate the top cabinets being "turned" slightly towards the sweet spot, you will find that the horns perform better in a wider variety of room proportions.

If not, the 45 degree angles will tend to dictate the listening postition and the separation most suited to good performance. This makes the room requirements and proportions alot more critical for good sound from the Khorns.

DM2.gif

----------------

On 1/26/2005 11:18:57 PM Dylanl wrote:

KT could you post that or let me know where to find it? I would like to read that.

Thanks

----------------

I believe you can download a PDF file from www.soundwise.org (Forum member JustinTX**). He scanned the documents I put together for Forum members a year or 2 ago. Lots more than just the Dope From Hope newsletter. Be nice & contribute a donantion if you like.