Poll: Who really cares about strict adherence to a forum's "On Topic" content?

ben.

----------------

On 1/27/2005 1:09:14 PM Tom Adams wrote:

There seems to be this underlying retro-socialization of all things that neither ring true nor do they portray themselves in such lofty reasons to be present when called upon for dialog. Know what I’m saying? I mean, why isn’t it possible for us to realize that without a certain fundamental understanding of math that measuring continental drift using a pair of redball tennis shoes, a protractor, and several strands of aldente spaghetti noodles is not only impractical, but riddled with imprecision the likes of which man has not seen since, oh, I dunno….May of 1971? C’mon man….can’t I get an AMEN or are you too trapped in your own paradigm?

----------------

Okay Tom, I've re-read this statement 3 times, and still haven't figured out exactly what yer trying to say here. Within all those fifty cent words, you lost me somewhere in the "redball tennis shoes" line of thinking. Maybe I need to buy that new book, "advanced phychobabble for dummies."

...skipping the aspirin, and headed straight for maximum strength tylenol.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess (and I really mean it when I say guess) what I was trying to say is that there is just so much information that can be derived from the circumvention of things we either a) believe in due to faith or B) herald as quasi-echoisms stemming from the latent heat of energy (for all you heat transfer fans out there - God how I love the lot of you. Where was I? Oh yeah...)

So how is this possible? Do we somehow come to a conclusion like so many lemmings that trim and eat their own foreskin or do we revel in the dark secrets of our sister whose meaning only becomes clear once the sun has shed its light on her pimples? I'm not trying to spark a debate, but rather trying to create parity among things that will never be the same no matter what wood glue you use - NOT EVEN LIQUID NAILS!

Do what you must with my old bones. Just make sure that yes, it was milk and not honey. The rest of the solar system remains, alas, disenfranchised. 8.gif

Tom