Just curious if anyone's familiar with the SVS PB12-ISD...

jt1stcav

I'm on a strict budget (cannot exceed $800 max), and I'm contiplating a subwoofer in the near future for my 2-channel tube audio system and Cornwalls. My other brother up in Niagara Falls has a cylindrical SVS (do not recall the amplified model), and he's totally thrilled with it (blends seemlessly with his Polk Audio towers).

SVS PB12-ISD.jpg

I am considering an SVS PB12-ISD 12" box sub primarily due to its low profile (even the smallest SVS cylinder is too tall for my taste), it's 320 watt plate amplifier, and it's low 22Hz response. I assume it would blend well with my '79 Cornwalls and their 38Hz reponse from their original 15" woofers (see my system profile), but just wanted to get your thoughts and experiences from thoughs of you who might know about it or own it...

http://www.svsubwoofers.com/subs_pb12_isd.htm

Thanks in advance for your time.

post-11084-13819261358984_thumb.jpg

Not a lot of posts here. It's hard to go wrong with any of the SVS offerings. At their price point their hard to beat. Depending on your room size it should be enough sub and blend well with your Corns. Larger rooms may need the + driver. I think in March the PB12+ will run around 899.00 plus freight.

im totally with meuge. that kit will smoke ANYTHING in its price range.

i have a smaller titanic kit and it ROCKS!

however, for prebuilt consumer subs, svs are the way to go(or a hsu). but if your willing to build a kit sub(in a hour or so), theres a lot to be gained

scp53

Thanks everyone for your responses. I'm in agreement that just about any SVS or Hsu subwoofer would do my system justice. But I do hear alot of positive comments concerning Dayton Audio products (my home-built 3 cubic foot sealed enclosure I assembled several years ago (now sold) used an excellent Dayton Audio 15" DVC Series driver from Parts Express).

I'm not familiar with the Titanic MKIII Series subs. In order for any subwoofer to work with my 300B SET stereo amp and 6SN7 SRPP linestage tube preamp (no single LFE sub output like the ones found on AV receivers/processors), any sub I choose will have to have both L & R input and output RCA connectors for me to connect it to my 2-channel audio system. Do any of the Titanic kits have stereo I/O RCAs that I can use, or do they just have the single line input pair and/or LFE RCA connector that I cannot use for my amp/preamp?