Behringer DEQ2496

76scalas

OK,I got the Behringer. Now,how do I hook it up to my Stereo 70 and Pas 2??? I got the Hosa XRF-105 and Hosa XRM 105 cables and the Behringer ECM8000 Measurement Mic. Once I hook it up what do I do with it! This is all new to me since the newest piece in my system are my 76 La Scala's! 2.gif

• 3 weeks later...

new to me too, and I have the manual and I have been playing with it, sorta, still missing some steps, not sure which function is running, if I cleared them all, if I saved them all, not sure how to limit GEQ or PEQ to above 100 Hz, what else, not getting pink noise with RTA - shouldn't it be generating a set of test tones in Auto EQ? where is the mic level set? OK, need to read the manual...again, one more time, from the top...

very cool unit, nothng in audio though prepared me for this!

7.gif

Sounds very familiar 9.gif and Behringer's manuals clearly are not written with non professional users in mind 14.gif . Try the mods section where you'll find a similar thread with some good information.

BTW: I was about to give up on my (older) unit until I decided to forget about Auto EQ. Instead, I kind of figured out my own EQ curve from the RTA readings I got (and adjusted the EQ manually). Eventually I discovered the EQ settings that really helped to improve what I am hearing....and I am more than glad I didn't give up on the unit. I guess the real idea behind the Behringer is to prove that 'patience is virtue' 9.gif .

Wolfram

----------------

On 1/29/2005 10:42:32 PM 76scalas wrote:

OK,I got the Behringer. Now,how do I hook it up to my Stereo 70 and Pas 2??? I got the Hosa XRF-105 and Hosa XRM 105 cables and the Behringer ECM8000 Measurement Mic. Once I hook it up what do I do with it! This is all new to me since the newest piece in my system are my 76 La Scala's!
2.gif

----------------

what was your motivation to get the behringer unit?

do you feel there is a problem in your room that you need to correct?..... is the combination of your electronics and the La Scalas lacking in some respect?

with your equipment it is obvious that you will be running the behringer unit through it's analog inputs/outputs...... i have tried at least 6 different equalizers in my systems over the years - both consumer and professional models - including some very expensive models from rane.....

the result in every case is that the sound coming out of my KLF-30's was degraded with the equalizer in the signal path..... the higher noise floor was totally unacceptable in my listening room...

you need to remember that all professional equalizers are designed to address room response problems or to compensate for really cheap speakers..... and unless you have a very unusual room, most room response issues are better dealt with room treatments and NOT electronic equalization..... (and i KNOW that La Scalas sound great - not like a cheap paging speaker)

i do believe that 95% of the consumers that do use this type of equalizer in their home systems use it exclusively for addressing the bass response of their subwoofers in their home theater systems.... they can be extremely effective in that application....

but to use them for full range speakers - esp your very sensitive La Scalas - will IMHO only make the sound worse.....