Preparing 3 black academy's for sale

Coytee

ok... now that I have your attention, I have a question on if lps or cd's are better...11.gif

ok, I'm joking.

I have 3 black Academy's. They've been sitting in storage in basement and I just pulled the first one upstairs. There is a bunch of dust accumulated on the top.

I want to clean these up so that when I take a pic of them, they will be accurately depicted.

What might I use to clean them with? Again, they are the BLACK Academy's. Is that a stain? I don't think it's a paint.

I DO have at my disposal some BLO if that would suffice?

Here's my 3 Academy's You can see the "pile" of dust I wiped off the middle one. The grills are on top and although one of the grills looks like cake batter got spread on the lower edge of it (huh?) lol they're all intact with the emblems.

I really expected the drivers to be rank with dust but as you can see they're not. That is just how I found the drivers. I guess all the dust collected on the top.

What my basic intent is, is to clean them up, get all the dust off, oil them if necessary, note the serial numbers and then put them up for sale with pictures corresponding to the serial numbers. That way, whomever the recipient is, can't think that I showed "A", and delivered "B".

I might also put the cleanest speaker with the cleanest grill.

I have them hooked up now to the Jolida you see in the background, all drivers work and quite frankly, I'd forgotten just how SWEEEEEEEEEET they sound.

I had the right speaker hooked up but my left was still connected to the K-horn.

I think I now, better understand about what is meant with timbre matched. Although the Khorn obviously doesn't hold a candle to the Academy, it put up a valiant fight. Its bass was simply too boomy 10.gif

post-15072-13819261504954_thumb.jpg

As T2K said, damp cloth to remove the mildew and dust, then some pledge to add some sheen. They can easily be touched up with a sharpie marker or better yet a paint pen from a craft store. If I decide to keep my Academy I would like one so I can try a pair in place of my '62 vertical Cornwalls.

I really need some room back in the rear since I have Khorns back there right now.

I currently have mine offered up for sale but will pull the offer if I could get another one. The Academy's would perch nicely atop the Khorns in the back and then I would offer my super rare '62 Corns for sale.