The American Idol

boomac

I realize the show American Idol went through the wringer in another thread and that I may be laughed at or even ostracized for this but Good Gracious I admit I enjoy the show and look forward to it every week.

Look, I like seeing kids try. Yea, some are just shuckin and jivin but they get weeded out. I respect Randy Jackson's opinion and Simon aint no dummy when it comes to recognizing talent.

The early shows can be hilarious. Tonight was no exception and if you saw the first two contestants, you know what Im talkin about. It was priceless! I LMAO for most of the hour and with the exception of one or two kids, everybody was really tryin'.

As the show progresses, its fun to see how much, or how little, talent the kids really have and its interesting to see how they mature with each performance.

Glorified Karaoke? Nah, just kids trying to make a go of it. If they re-run tonight's show - watch it. You might just have a change of heart.

BTW, other than news, I watch little or no other TV.

Yep, I watched every episode last season, and was hooked. I vowed never to watch it again when the best singer (LaToya London) got voted off, but yet here I am again this season, looking forward to every episode.

Best guest judge: Gene Simmons. He really knows music--all genres and, like Simon, wasn't afraid to tell people the truth. He should be a regular judge.

BTW, I watch A LOT of TV. 9.gif

----------------

On 2/3/2005 12:10:40 AM toddvj wrote:

Yep, I watched every episode last season, and was hooked. I vowed never to watch it again when the best singer (LaToya London) got voted off, but yet here I am again this season, looking forward to every episode.

----------------

Yea, both LaToya and the girl from Chicago were better than either finalist. You have to expect crap like that when the general public is in on the vote. That last show was anticlimactic.

I think they should lose the guest judges. Any time they bring on celebrity anything, it seems to signal the demise of the show.

I must admit that I too watch the show, but not on a regular basis. Whereas I don't watch too much TV due to other activites like league tennis 2, sometimes 3 nights a week, I will on occasion watch shows like American Idol assuming there's not something more appealing. Last night was a good example. It was either American Idol or the Goodwood Festival of Speed on the Speed Channel. No brainer....

BTW, not to hijack this thread, but the Goodwood FOS (www.goodwood.co.uk/fos/) event is nuts. Lister Jaguar's, vintage racing AC Cobra's, Ferrari 250's, you-name-it; all trading paint and drivers beating the hell out of those cars. Didn't the drivers get the memo about some of those cars being only one of 5 left in the world? Hello???

Ok - so I hijacked afterall. My apologies. 15.gif

Tom

Haha, 24! I'm too tired of of Jack, Jack, Jack, Jack. Titanic was bad enough. Jack, Jack, Jack. My little brother's name is Jack, Jack, Jack. Why can't ya be like Jack, Jack, Jack!

League tennis 2 - 3 times a week? Ya any good?

Back to Idol:

This year's talent might be much better than previous years.

Yeah I swore up and down too that I was not going to watch this thing again but there I was again last night looking at it. I agree with the others about LaToya, Fantasia should not have won. I remember people saying she would be such a great role model for others. Some role model, she has an illegitimate child. The night she brought her child on stage she almost got voted off. I live only one county away from were she was raised and had to endure none stop news coverage every evening if I tried to watch the High Point news, which I prefer to Charlotte news. Now there's a huge billboard of her on I-85 North near Lexington. LaToya should have won it hands down. Funny thing is Kelly Clarkson seems to be the only one that is actually doing anything since winning. I didn't see any of the first season.

Grateful11

LaToya was a great talent, but she didn't warm up to the camera. She looked all too cool and overconfident--she could have been the AntiChrist for all we know -- kidding...it was Garth Brooks--

AmIdol is the only reality show I watch anymore. I am sick of golddiggers handing out and receiving roses, fake breasted chicks eating 12 legged bugs, and interviews/opinions of all sides of anything that happens--over it!

Get me some hamburger slapper with unknown talent that ascends to the top of the entertainment world solely on talent and a couple months of hard work, and you got Idol--it may not all be real--but it sure seems it--

----------------

On 2/4/2005 2:04:21 PM Tom Adams wrote:

"League tennis 2 - 3 times a week? Ya any good?"

Hell no! That's why I have to play so often!!

LMAO
9.gif9.gif9.gif

Tom

----------------

LOL - win or lose, it's a great game. Though not big time, my two kids play in college so I watch more than I play anymore. In the spring I'm going to work with some young kids and that's what I really enjoy. I guess that's why I like American Idol. Watching kids improve is great fun. Some may take it too seriously but all in all, they benefit from the effort.