Humbling Experience

ooteedee

Hey, you guys, as all of you know, I HAVE BEEN STUPID on this forum before (or still).

I think that this alone warrants me getting some free money, and I don't care who has to pay, preferably all tax payers to spread the burden for me being particularily stupid. I would like to cut out the middle-man and just get paid direct.

PLEASE PAY ME NOW! I could really use the money, as I have been quite stupid for quite a long time, and I'm getting stupider by the minute.

DM2.gif

My last words on this subject:

Any band that blasts damaging levels of sound at ANYBODY in a paid seating area at a concert SHOULD be held accountable. People don't go to concerts to have their hearing ruined. They go to enjoy music (supposedly). And, a lot of people are ignorant of the fact they can do serious, permanent damage to their hearing at loud concerts. On the other hand, sound engineers and techs are supposed to KNOW about sound; about the danger of listening to music too loud for too long. It should be their responsibility not too harm the public. After all, they are the ones crankin' the knobs up to 11. And it should be up to whatever level of government that has jurisdiction, to oversee concerts, that maximum decibel levels are not exceeded.

In the mid 90's, I drove a sport car that could exceed 160 mph. I drove 150 mph (+) many times when conditions were safe for OTHER DRIVERS. At the time, my view was that "I would rather die having fun at 150, than die getting to work at 70 mph.

I would rather endanger my hearing at a rock concert or listening to 120db music in my LR, than to do it in some factory work-place or construction site.

Mega-DB's are a part of some music. Anyone who attends that type of concert should know that, and enter at his own risk. If it is too loud, well....leave.

To say it another way..."I will not stop living, just to keep from being dead.....

JMHO,

Terry

Hi, while I think the judges that award these "stupid high" settlements should be thrown in the slammer themselves, it would make sense to force distribution of a pair of cottonballs ,with each paid ticket. Cost should come in under a nickel. What you do with them is up to you.

News flash; FRONT ROWS @ ROCK SHOWS ARE LOUD. 6.gif

"We gave them ear protection, but *they chose* to stick it up their a55" 16.gif

Okay, I'll bite, look at the amp racks. What are AMCRON amps, looks like a CROWN, but isn't a CROWN. Some offshore rip-off company perhaps. Otherwise, everything, including the precarious rigging, looks top-notch. Wish I was behind the desk.

Whatever happened to Deep Purple's Guiness Book of Records 'Loudest Band in the WOrld' category? Bet we're waaaay past 126 dB these days. I ALWAYS wear hearing protection E.A.R. tapered earplugs -30 dB. Protect your ears people!

Michael

Looking at the website again I can see that most of the photos ARE of people plugging their ears.

Which was not the intent of my post.

I suppose I shouldn't have said, "Now these are "Loud" speakers.

That was more of a nod to the old term "Loud speaker".

A term which not many people use anymore.

I was more interested in the racks of speakers.

The amps, mixers, etc.

The giant stacks he would roll out into the city..... just to play.

And the huge towers arrayed high up in the air.

Yeah. Typical concert venue, I know....but still fun.

I think the guy is a Brit.