Answering Questions/Giving Advice

dodger

Greetings:

There is a thread regarding Synergy Speakers. Somone mentioned Reference Line, accusations of snobbery came out. One Veteran Member put out the flame.

When Newbies Post questions, they want their question answered. After getting an answer, they may never bother Posting again.

I have seen some that ignore the question and in Posting tell the person to do something 180 degrees from what has been asked.

But, the point of not being aware of the Reference Line also came up. If you only go to BB, that would definitely be true.

The person may not be aware of the Heritage Line either.

If we answer the question as asked then note are you aware or there are one or two other lines available, we can truly satisfy the Newbie's or even a long term Member quest for knowledge and possibly educate them or give a different perspective.

Colin has an excellent set of questions my sig notes factors that should be taken into account.

This way we can be more helpful and we can avoid the snobby accusations.

This is just my two cents.

dodger3.gif

dodger:

A month ago I was one of those newbies...I was one of those asking about the Synergy Line...I find yours an interesting and spot on perspective as well as the response in that thread.

I came here wanting information on the Synergy Line, specifically the F-3 system for Home Theater...I had heard of Klipsch since I was born...1961 as my father always talked lovingly of Klipschorns he could not afford...my brother has Heresys and a Klipsch HT and I had KG2s for my 2 channel listening.

I received mostly what I percieved as negative to no responses to my queries...being persistant, I kept at asking but I also did take what all of you who responded to me, knowledge and experience into account...I gave the Reference Line a listen...I never got to give them a totally fair listen as while I was doing my "researche" here I was reminded by one of the Heritage Line...for my own reasons, this unlocked a rush of pleasant memories and then suddenly, I found a pair of Heresys locally on ebay and did the BIN thing (I am not really ebay savy and cannot believe the amount of Klipsch stuff sold there)...after listening to my Heresys...this was IT for me...this was the sound I wanted (of course now I want KHorns 9.gif )

...I guess my point is I stuck at it because that's how I am and there were some great individuals here who contacted me or responded positively to my lowly, newbie questions...but...there are some who ridicule or demean others and tell them that Synergy or their purchase is junk and just buy Reference or go home...Same with the Subs...when I came here I didn't see anything really (no love) for the Klipsch Subs...I bought elsewhere but I am sure Klipsch makes a nice sub. Had it been the "old days" where every "stereo store...6.gif " around carried Klipsch...no problem but there is one place here in Chicagoland that carries Klipsch and they are not really close to me...enough to make me try other venues...anyway...

I know it must be hard for some of you because of your knowledge or background to hear over and over the same "dumb" questions...but there are always those of us that are at the beginning of the learning curve and until we get started...will not be able to in turn contribute or feel a part of the community...just remember when you see that same old question pop up on one of the sections for cables, speakers, subs, whatever that there may be a future CONTRIBUTOR to this forum hiding inside...there is a vessel waiting to be filled and if they don't get their fill here...they may go somewhaere else...who knows what we might lose...future Klipsch-O-Philes...Sorry for the rant...just my 02...

Bill

----------------

On 2/7/2005 4:30:47 AM dodger wrote:

I have seen some that ignore the question and in Posting tell the person to do something 180 degrees from what has been asked.

But, the point of not being aware of the Reference Line also came up. If you only go to BB, that would definitely be true.

----------------

it s a good thing to aware the newbies that there are several klipsch line.

but the only lines we heard about here are the heritage and the reference.

and when someone ask something about synergy, the only reply he gets is

"go reference or heritage".

in usa it doesn t worth buying the synergy because the reference are not a lot more expansive.

people on the forum forgot one thing:

klipsch also sells speakers abroad and they are very expansive.

so making the step from synergy to reference is not always easy.

if someone, who can only afford synergy, come here and ask a question on syrergy, he will receive no help at all when the answer are:" go for reference".

in a nutshell, people here don t really answer the questions on synergy product.

Welcome to the wonderful world of big ole horns. For starters, since our frigging forum profile still does not include our equipment list, we need some information from you, some of which you have already provided:

Budget?

Room size?

Room shape?

Corners available?

Primary music or movies?

What percent music or movies?

Prefer extra bass punch or flat accuracy?

Multi or dual channel?

What kind of music?

How loud?

Other planned additions or upgrades?

Own or rent (can you install in walls)?

Tweaking audiophile handy, willing to DIY?

Prefer new or used?

And some personal background:

How long you have been a Klipsch fan?

How you got introduced to Klipsch?

What else have you tried?

Please post your movie and music tastes, room dimensions, speakers and front-end equipment in your system profile, this will help forum members give you thoughtful, insightful answers.

9.gif

----------------

On 2/7/2005 9:43:47 AM Colin wrote:

Welcome to the wonderful world of big ole horns. For starters, since our frigging forum profile still does not include our equipment list, we need some information from you, some of which you have already provided:

Budget?

Room size?

Room shape?

Corners available?

Primary music or movies?

What percent music or movies?

Prefer extra bass punch or flat accuracy?

Multi or dual channel?

What kind of music?

How loud?

Other planned additions or upgrades?

Own or rent (can you install in walls)?

Tweaking audiophile – handy, willing to DIY?

Prefer new or used?

And some personal background:

How long you have been a Klipsch fan?

How you got introduced to Klipsch?

What else have you tried?

Please post your movie and music tastes, room dimensions, speakers and front-end equipment in your system profile, this will help forum members give you thoughtful, insightful answers.

9.gif

----------------

This is what I was referring to.

Excellent questions, can help us to help you.

doudou:

What you posted is true. Silversport noted that he asked why Synergy questions go without answers.

Some are older set in their ways. At age 52, I am seeing another format coming, also DVD.

I have a very limited budget. I look back at the Heritage Line not onlyfor sound quality, but for easier, more simple times.

There was one Klipsch line, receivers, amps, pre-amps did not change as quickly.

We had LPs, Tape as our sources.

2 speakers or an added middle.

Synergy reminds us of other outlets for Klipsch - good for them, confusing for others.

It reminds us that we are growing older, some of 2 channel is being left behind. W try to stay as current as possible, but there is some change just to add technology. How many speakers does a room need?

As more equipment becomes diposable, it's cheaper to throw a way and buy new, we have voice menus, too much is becoming impersonal. Like Bob Seger's song - "Feel like a Number."

To wind this with some humour and frustration, "I have seen the wave of the Future, I'm getting tired of swimming."

Win

When Silversport was asking about the new F-3s they had been announced. About the only people who had heard them were Klipsch employees. My local BB did not have them to listen to yet. I was going to refer him to Trey's comments when another forum member beat me to it.

A poser must understand that maybe no one has the answer to his/her question. Then the best we can do is inject our personal opinions. Sometimes we are corrected by others and learn the errors of our own biases.

Rick

----------------

On 2/7/2005 12:12:13 PM 3dzapper wrote:

When Silversport was asking about the new F-3s they had been announced. About the only people who had heard them were Klipsch employees. My local BB did not have them to listen to yet. I was going to refer him to Trey's comments when another forum member beat me to it.

A poser must understand that maybe no one has the answer to his/her question. Then the best we can do is inject our personal opinions. Sometimes we are corrected by others and learn the errors of our own biases.

Rick

----------------

Hi Rick:

I'm not saying that we have all of the answers. What I am saying is that if we do respond - and I know this is a pain because I forget also, it was the interplay last night that made me think of this - we either say I'm not sure but there are xxx or as an alternative...

Last night's was one Newbie asking about Synergy, a post noted Reference, then one came in with the snob etc..

I'm seeing things a little differently right now. Back when we had one line of Speakers, a load of things that were what seemed complicated then, but are easier now.

But there's a lot of change because it's there. I identified with what the person said about snob. Things are outdated by the time we get home. Then there's a financial battle to keep up or stay stuck in the past.

And I've seen some threads with replies that don't even come close.

We can sort through the kidding, those who prefer one thing or another. A newbie can't.

I'm not trying to insult anyone with the post - you're one of the people that do make sure that the question is answered.

I learn a lot by reading the questions and the answers.

dodger

3dzapper:

I wasn't complaining of this...but I asked in December and I didn't know that these were brand new...several posters immedietly told me...Reference, Synergy sux...well if the Synergys were so new and no one really heard them, then how could they tell me to go Reference cuz Synergys were bad??? Before many of the nice people here responded to my posts, several just dismissed my question outright, gave me the Reference line or ignored me...my point was that I kept at it until many people responded with feedback...I was justmaking the point that some might post a question, get little or no constructive critisism and go away rather than keep at it...I really appreciate the ones who gave me loads of knowledge on Synergy, Reference and Heritage speakers...

Bill