Miss Valerie and an early Jubilee prototype

Tony Reed

One of my favorite parts of Mr. Paul's biography was his showing up and sitting in her classroom at school. At that time she wasn't sure about him, but he was sure about her. That's a sweet account of their courtship.

---this is an excerpt from the book Paul Wilbur Klipsch..The LifeThe Legend which expresses exactly how she feels about Paul.

Paul Klipsch is my life.

Before we met, my life was molded for music and giving knowledge to young people. I was a teacher. Yet, there was a void in my life, and how he has filled it-with love, compassion, and understanding. He has been the perfect gentleman at home and at work and he has shown the highest moral principles always. This intellectual giant has achieved more in a lifetime than can be imagined. How I admire him.

He is my life.

Pretty cool couple, eh? You betcha!

-Valerie Klipsch

Just a note about my Jubilee audition A friend and I headed down to Hope on Saturday to visit Miss Valerie and to tinker with the Jubilee. Miss Valerie is doing well and is energetic as ever. Actually, shes a real fireball!

On to the Jubilee

As we only had one Jubilee, all of our listening was done in mono. We used a Dynaco integrated tube amp and a CD player. After warming up the tubes, we really let the Jubilee sing. Now let me say right here, I like 3-way speakers. Its strictly a preference thing. I never seem to hear what I want to hear from a 2-way. With that said, this 2-way sounds like a 3-way. (if that makes any sense) Crisp highs, mids that almost hang in mid air, and bass that is tight and rattles your bones. The farther you step away from the speaker, the better it sounds. I guess the treble horn is blending with the bass horn farther away.

I did notice one thing the Jubilee has in common with the Klipschorn. When youre standing (or sitting) there listening to it, you just gotta grin! It sounds that good!

Tony