Yet another cable question

sputnik

Looks like alot of cable questions lately. I'd like to ask one while people are thinking about it. Until recently, I had a hodge podge collection different interconnects. Most were skinny wires from the seventies. One of them, though, was a very robust car stereo interconnect (Stinger brand)that I got at a garge sale for a quarter (a real two bit interconnect). It was a very impressive, slick looking, and well made shielded directional cable with nice polished connectors. The sound was definitely improved over the older wires. Automotive audio stuff seems very plentiful in pawn shops and garage sales. It seems like it has to well made to survive and perform in a car environment with predominant teenage use. Any opinions on automotive (audio) wiring for home stereo??

better insualtion, better connections = better sound-

a little bit of improved technology, plus a whole lot of hype (and good margins) and you have an audiophile cable

Dare I say it? outside of the car...

wire is wire!

(this by the amn with silver interconnects and thick spades)

Guest Anonymous

I have a question for you guys! do any of you think that how a wire is wound will make a difference in the sound? like monster xp cable is wound really loosely and is probably some of the worst sounding speaker wire i have ever heard, on the other hand my canare cabe is wound very tight and sounds much better, now i realize that they are difference guages and what not, but still do you think it has any affect?