Got the Scalas at last

DrTeflon

Dr Teflon here, finial took delivery of the Scalas last Tuesday and have been lovin every note of it!! Quick question, does anyone know if the '78 La Scala came stock with grills? If so how do I tell if mine are stock, not that I have them on when in use but in their down time I like to tuck them in at night. Had a nice surprize when I discovered that the two unit have sequinetial serial numbers.

Thanks,

The Dr.

Being new to the Ebay and Paypal system the purchase and delivery took all most two weeks. A co-worker was the insperation for the purchase, and I will blame him for creating a monster. Next step is to send my Dad's old Scott Steromaster to Nosvalves for a rebuild.

Congratulations, Doctor, on your latest delivery. Two babies at 112 pounds or so each. Anyway, mine are mid'80s and do have the grills.

They are the next best thing to Klipschorns and you can move them around and have a lot of fun with playing around with the placement.

Mine periodically end up in the corners or on the short wall with half the distance between them on either side to the wall - toed in sometimes - flat sometimes - close to the back wall sometimes - out from that wall sometimes. Right now, they're two floors up in the attic which is setup as a computer/listening room. I also switch amps around - mostly vintage SS - for variety.

I also learned here on the forum a couple years ago about putting a pillow or padded length of 2 x 4 to raise the front ends off the floor a couple inches. This reduces standing waves with the floor and brings the high end up in the room a little.

LaScalas can be shy in the very deep bass regions so some people have run subs with them even in a 2 channel setup. Let us know how things progress and stay in touch. Slainte. Hamish